Chapter 2 - The Ideal Man

₪ Author's Note ₪  

Continuation lang po ng introduction of characters. :D Teheeee! Please bear with me.

********************************************************************************************************

JUNE 2010

GERALD'S POV

I was standing on a seashore, wearing all white, while watching the sunset. "You are awesome, God." I whispered a prayer as I adore the beautiful views the Lord has created. Suddenly somebody wrapped me with her arms, and I can tell that she's a woman because the arms were small. I was about to turn around and see who it was but she stopped me. "Stay. I want to sing you a song.." the sweet voice said. I was waiting for her to sing when suddenly...

"See the sun shinning in the window, 

Time to start a new day.

Can't you hear the song bird singing?

They're gonna sing out loud and say:

CHORUS:

Cause It's a beautiful day for running in the sun,

A beautiful day has just begun.

A beautiful day, to do what I want to dooo ah-hah.

Cause It's a beautiful day just to be alive,

A beautiful day so glad that I've got

A beautiful day and I'd like to share it with you!"

₪ Author's Note: ito po link sa song na yan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PNyGMJdOto) ₪  

I opened my eyes to realize that it was just a dream. Don't laugh at my alarm clock tone. Sinet ko yan sa phone ko kasi that song has been my morning song eversince I was a kid. Our sunday school teacher taugh us that song. I turned it off and checked the time. 4:30 a.m.

Time for my morning rituals. Bible reading and prayer.

"Father, I glorify you for this beautiful morning that you've given me. You are a good God and you deserve all the praises and worship. Father, thank you for giving me another chance to live and another chance to grow. As I start my school year, may you guide me by your Holy Spirit to help me discern what is right from wrong and convict my heart if I fail to follow your will. Lord as I read the bible, speak to me, allow me to understand your words. All of these I pray, in Jesus name. Amen"

Let's see, where did I left off? I lifted the book marker and opened the Bible. Oh I'm in 1 Corinthians 13 already. Great, this is a good one. 

13 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteriesand all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in partand we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes,what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Wow. Love, that's a wonderful word. Paul really is a great inspiration. So I took my spiritual notebook from my desk and started writing my reflection. I ended my ritual with a prayer and went to the bathroom to prepare for school. 

"Good morning, Budoy!" my mom greeted me with a huge smile on her face. "Mom naman eh, ang laki ko na Budoy pa din tawag mo saken. Hehe!" I hugged her while she was busy putting plates on the table. "E syempre baby boy pa din kita noh!" she laughingly answered.

"Si dad po? Did he left na?" I looked around to find my father. "Naku anak, he left for Cambodia already. Maaga flight niya eh." mom answered. "Ay sayang hindi ko man lang siya naabutan. Oh well, I'll pray for him na lang." I sat in front of mom. "Yeah, that's the best thing we can do for him anak. Sana madami sila ma reach out doon."

Mom started to bless the foods with a prayer and we started to eat. She's a wonderful woman. I want my future wife to be exactly like her, well-rounded, graceful, loving, sweet and God-fearing. Janice Anderson, my mom, is a RN (registered nurse) and MD (medical doctor) as well. Kaya nga ako nag nursing eh, to follow her steps. Kahit daw kasi sabihin ng mga tao na hindi magandang pre-med course ang nursing eh iba pa rin daw. When you're a nurse kasi, everyone looks down at you, pero ang totoo, you're doing a lot for them. Ikaw ang nasa tabi palagi ng pasyente, nakikita mo silang mag suffer, at unti-unting gumaling. Ikaw ang nakakausap ng mga kamag-anak na taimtim na nagdadasal na sana maiuwi nila ang pasyente ng buhay at masigla. Lagi ako dinadala ni mom sa mga medical missions nila sa church kaya ako na inlove sa career niya.

My dad naman, John Anderson, is a businessman and a pastor at the same time. Grabe lang si dad. When I become a father someday, gusto ko maging kagaya niya. Actually today, he's on his way to Cambodia to reach out sa mga tao dun. He believes kasi na more than his responsibility as a father to me eh, may responsibility din siya as a son to God. 

Ako lang ang nag-iisang anak, but I never felt alone. I have an almost perfect life. I would never exchange this for anything in this world.