Chapter 89--Could It Get Anymore Chaotic?

Chapter 89—Could It Get Anymore Chaotic?

January 30, 2015 8am

Jenna’s POV

The last three weeks has been a blur.  Norman was busy for a few days with directing the Bots Video for “Blinded” and then he needed to fly to LA to shoot a new movie.  He wanted me to go with him but I was adamant about staying here in New York, which actually turned into a huge fight.  I know he’s worried about me but I had way too much going on with the upcoming show at the Bowery.  We patched things up before he left but I’ll admit I still had quite a bit of attitude towards him and his protectiveness.  We’ve been texting each other since he left but I’ve only actually taken phone calls from him a few times.  I’m just afraid that if I talk to him I’ll say something that will start us arguing again.  We’ve never really argued before this so I honestly don’t know how this will affect us.

I have to admit Norman has been pretty damn patient through all this.  He’s been very calm when we do talk and has been very apologetic over our argument. When he gets back tonight we will sit down and talk this all out.

I had a meeting with Pierre last week and decided on a wedding dress.  We did my initial fitting and he’ll be back in a few weeks to do another one.  I really love the dress I selected and since I was able to Skype with my Mom during the meeting she got to have a lot of input too.  I’ve actually talked to my Mom quite a bit over the last couple of weeks and she’s been really great about everything.  She’s given me advice about my fight with Norm and she’s right I need to fix this.  She told me she’s glad I got some balls and stood my ground (because that was something I never did with Andrew) but Norman’s not Andrew and I need to be less harsh and more forgiving.

I secured a practice space in the Village thanks to Helena’s boyfriend Paul.  Paul is the frontman for Interpol and I figured if anyone knew of a short-term lease for a practice space it would be him.  Saul has been back and forth from LA to NYC over the last three weeks.  We’ve been practicing quite a bit especially since Matt Sorum arrived last week.  I know Matt from when he took over drums for Guns n’ Roses and we’ve always gotten along well.  Cira and Melanie are both practicing with us because I needed a bass player and since I won’t be playing guitar for the whole thing; I needed Cira’s guitar skills.  I’m excited to play with my girls as well Matt and Saul.  Travis has tagged along to all our practices and has picked up a few skills from Matt in the process; it will be a few years before he’s good enough on the drums to play a show though.

We’ve been working on a set list for the show; obviously it’s all cover songs but this show is all about getting my feet wet and seeing what happens from there.  I have to admit that my present state of mind and attitude has steered me towards some interesting song choices.  When I sing I express myself so right now a lot of what I want to sing is not all flowers and unicorns to say the least.  The boys will keep me in check though and I thank them for that.

Last week Saul, Matt and I had a radio interview at Q104.3 which included an acoustic set of three songs which we got a great response with.  Norman, Matt and Saul have all tweeted about the Bowery show and I just found out that the show is completely sold out.  Hopefully I’ll be able to live up to all the hype and everyone will get their money’s worth.  To say I’m nervous is a complete understatement.

On top of everything else in my crazy life I’ve been dealing with my insurance company over the loss of the contents of my house.  I have a stack of forms to fill out and have notarized, so I can send them back with my claim.  Since Norman had a few things at my place there are forms for him to fill out too.  The whole thing is stressing me out and giving me a headache.  I also need to submit the list of items to the Prosecutor’s office in Senioa in case they want to use that against Andrew at his trial.  I’ve talked to the Prosecutor briefly and he tells me there is nothing to worry about.  After Andrew is tried in Georgia, New Jersey can still bring charges against him for violating parole and of course the arson charge for burning down his house.  He shouldn’t be getting out of jail anytime soon.