Chapter 21--Redneck Sunday

Chapter 21—Redneck Sunday

I wake up before Norman and slowly and carefully slide out from his arms, giving him my pillow as a surrogate me.  I grab some clothes and tip toe out of my room.  It’s 6am and I head for a quick shower.  I dry off and get dressed in a pair of daisy duke cutoffs and a white wife-beater with a black lacy bra underneath.  I throw on my belt with my souvenir 1990 Las Vegas Rodeo Finals belt buckle to complete my outfit.  I comb out my long hair so it dries faster and quickly run my fingers through it separating the curls.  I spray a little hairspray to keep it from hanging too far into my eyes.  I spritz on some berry vanilla body spray.  A little SPF lotion on my face and I’m ready to get moving.  I look into the mirror and see a very redneck looking ginger staring back at me. I’m hoping my sleeping redneck likes what I have in store for him today.

I quietly walk out to my kitchen and throw together an easy French Toast Casserole with breakfast sausage pieces in it.  I sprinkle it with cinnamon sugar and pop it into the oven for 35 minutes.  I set the timer on my cell, grab my black cowboy boots, cigs, and head to the front porch.  I light my cigarette and sit down to put on my boots.  I head off the porch and over to my detached garage.  I open the double doors and peer inside.  Sitting in the garage is my jacked up Ford F150 pickup, complete with roll bars, KC lights, and a custom shiny Cherry Red paint job.  Cira airbrushed a beautiful Ginger haired pin-up girl on the hood. It really standouts with the black background she did.  My first name is airbrushed on the hood underneath the pin-up girl with the words “Sassy, Classy, & A Bit Smart Assy.”  On the tailgate Cira airbrushed “Redheads…One Flaming Hot Minority.”  This truck is a divorce present to myself.  It’s my pride and joy.  I take this thing muddin’ all the time back home and today she’s gonna tear through some Red Georgia Clay.

 I look over at the motorcycle my buddy brought down here with my truck.  The ’92 Harley-Davidson Sportser XL883 used to be mine, but I’m planning on giving it to Cira very soon.  I had it totally overhauled before I sent it down here.  She should purr like a kitten.  I miss riding but she will need transportation this summer and she is a good rider.  I open the tailgate of my truck and take out the cases loaded in the back.  One is my compound bow and the other is my Hoyt Recurve bow.  I grab the guitar case, as well as the case with my guns.  I have my shotgun, hunting rifle and my 9mm handgun packed in that plastic case.  I sling the soft-sided bow cases over my shoulders and grab my gun case in one hand and the guitar in the other.  I head to the house and put the cases down in the corner of the living room by the piano.  I head out to the garage again and hop in my truck.  I turn the key and the engine turns right over I back out of the garage and park in front of the house.  I go back into the house just as the alarm on my phone goes off.

I pull the casserole out of the oven and set it on the stove.  I set up my Keurig and head to the bedroom to wake up Prince Charming.  I walk in and find him still asleep hugging my pillow.  I softly walk over to his side of the bed and sit down.  I lean over and in a sexy whisper I say, “Good Morning lover boy.”  Norman slowly opens his eyes and looks over at the pillow and then turns to me, “You did the old pillow trick and snuck out on me, huh?”  I giggle, “Guilty, sweetheart.  I had a good reason though.  I made breakfast and your coffee is brewing.  Wanna get up for me?”  He stretches and groans, “Breakfast better be good woman.  It’s way too early.”  I get up off the bed and sway my ass and hips as I walk away, fully knowing he’s watching my every move.  “You coming darling?” I say as I walk out of my room.  I hear Norman as leave the room, ”damn minx.”

Norman soon joins me in the kitchen.  He’s only wearing jeans and the button is undone.  I hand him his coffee and turn to get mine.  I turn back around and he’s propped against my kitchen counter staring at me.  I give him a cocky grin and take a sip of my coffee.  He looks me up and down a couple of times before speaking, “That is a very sexy outfit.  Very country, I like it.”  I bite on my lip, “Yeah, it’s very redneck hottie.  Very much my usual style though.”  He walks to me and leans over for a kiss, “Good Morning beautiful.”  He says as he reaches my lips with his.  His kiss is sweet and he tastes like coffee and mint.  I guess he brushed his teeth before joining me.  I look at him and smile, “Good Morning to you too.  You want to grab a cig before breakfast?”  He nods and picks up his pack off the counter.  We head out to the porch.