Chapter 41-My Past Meets My Future

Chapter 41—My Past Meets My Future

**I’m going to do a time jump here.  I will give an overview but feel free to ask questions!

July 12, 2014

It’s been almost 3 weeks since my encounter with Andrew.  My bruises are gone and my orbital bone has just about healed.  It’s still a little sore if I press on it but other than that, you can’t tell.  I was getting a lot of headaches the first few days after he punched me, but now I’m headache free.  My double vision only lasted a couple of days, so I have no problems with that.

Through the whole thing Norman was wonderful.  He wanted to take a couple days off of work but I insisted he keep working.  I had the kids to look after me and they reassured him that they would call him if something happened.  He called me several times a day and came home every night.

Work has been busy but fun.  There is so much going on this season.  I’ve been trying not to pay too much attention to the plot and refuse to be around Norman when he’s practicing lines.  I really want to be surprised when it premieres in October.  Eulyn and I get along great, we may be busting our butts with work but we’re laughing the whole time.  I’ve made a lot of friends on the set, not just the cast but also a lot of the crew members as well.  I usually get to see Norm for meals and it always puts a smile on my face.

Mingus came down to Georgia about a week after my kids.  He’ll be here until school starts for him in New York City.  All the kids get along great, they are constantly hanging out with each other.  Norman thinks Ming likes Cira but I’m not sure.  Cira is almost 18 so I doubt that she thinks of him like that.  Cira’s best friend Lynda will be here next week, so the boys will be outnumbered.  Too much estrogen in the house I fear.

We celebrated the 4th with a family BBQ.  Norman made sure we had plenty of fireworks, which thrilled the kids.  It was a great day just relaxing and spending time with everyone.  The house has been crowded but I wouldn’t have it any other way.  Norman loves the chaos too.  He keeps telling me how much he likes having a house full of kids.

This is the last few days of filming for Triple 9.  I’ve met everyone in the cast and they are great.  Aaron Paul and Clifton Collins Jr. have been over hanging out with us a few times.  Clifton loves that I make authentic Mexican food, he’s been missing it.  He’s been over a couple times for dinner.

It’s Saturday afternoon and I’m home alone.  The kids went out with Chandler and his family to the water park.  I bowed out because I just really needed a day to sleep in and relax.  Norman is on the Triple 9 set today until around dinner time and the kids will be back around 9pm.  I get some me time!

I wander out to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee.  As I lean up against the island sipping on my coffee, I see my guitar case sitting over by the piano.  I walk to the case, picking it up and carrying it to the sofa.  I set my coffee down and open the case.  I look at my Martin D15M acoustic, trying to remember the last time I played.  I used to play constantly but over the last year or so I haven’t been happy enough to bother.  A lot has changed in the last few weeks and I can’t wait to play something. 

As I pick my guitar up I think about when I learned to play.  The memories of living in LA and learning the guitar from one of the most talented musicians I’ve ever met, makes me smile.  It was so long ago it almost seems like another life.  I start strumming the strings and it takes me a moment to realize I’m playing “Patience” by Guns N’ Roses.  This is one of the first songs I learned and as my hands glide across the strings, I let my mind wander back through those memories.