Chapter 2-- Hello Georgia

Chapter 2- Hello Georgia!

Overall I made good time to Senioa.  I arrive at the B&B around 6pm and quickly check in.  After a quick discussion with the front desk clerk I walk down the street to The Café and order some food before they close.  I take my food and coffee to go and head out onto Main Street.  I walk down to the park and grab a bench in a quiet spot near the sidewalk and eat my salad.

I’m just staring off into space thinking about my new job and trying to figure out how I’m going to manage not to be too nervous come Monday.  My kids and I have been fans of the Walking Dead since it first aired and the fact that I’m actually working on the TV show is going to be amazing.  I’m pretty sure I can hold it together and do my job well.

My purse starts playing The Boondock Saints theme song and I realize my kids are calling to check in.  I fish around in the bottom of my bag and grab my phone.  As I slide my finger across the screen to unlock it, I realize my daughter changed my home screen picture and Norman Reedus’s photo is staring back at me as I answer my phone,“Hey Cira, how are ya?”  She replies, “Fine Mom, did ya make it down there yet?”  I sigh, “Yup, safe and sound in Senioa.  I just grabbed dinner and I will be heading to bed soon.  Hey, did you change the picture on my phone again?”  Cira giggles, “Yeah, I figured you would enjoy something nice to look at.”  I frown, “What if someone at work sees my phone.  You know I don’t know how to change the picture.   Ugg I am so not intelligent enough for this smartphone!”  She starts laughing, “It’s cause you’re old Mom!”  I roll my eyes, “Gee thanks, Baby girl!  Can I speak to your brother and sister?”  “Nah, they’re out with Grammy”, she replies.  “OK can you tell them I love them and that I made it down here?  I will try to call every night before bed time, but if you need me just text, OK?  I love ya sweetheart.” “Sure Mom, I will and I love you too.  Talk to ya tomorrow, bye”, with that she hangs up.  Gotta love teenagers.

I finish my coffee and dinner as I sit on the bench and take in the little town laid out before me.  It’s very much a typical Main Street America kind of place.  It reminds me of the small town in Jersey I grew up in.  As I sit thinking about how this place is so much like my hometown, I notice a silver jeep coming down the street.  It’s probably the second car I’ve seen since I sat down, this town is really quiet tonight.  I’m sitting on the bench closest to the intersection so as the Jeep comes to the stop sign, I can see the driver quite clearly.  I peer over my sunglasses and stare right into a pair of Raybans looking back at me.  Oh Crap!  That’s Norman Reedus in the Jeep.  He smiles and I just smile back and shift my gaze back down to my coffee cup.  He drives through the intersection and continues on his way.  I pack up my dinner and head back to the Bed and Breakfast.  As I walk I can’t help but grin as I realize, he actually smiled at me.

I take a hot shower and soon slide into a very comfy bed.  I lay there for a little while thinking about my new job, everything that will happen tomorrow, and wonder how I will manage to keep everything together in my life.  I’ve been so used to having help and now I’m doing it alone for the first time in 18 years.  Yup, this should be interesting.

***I know this is starting out slow, but I need to lay out the back story, so please bear with me.  I promise this will get more interesting.  I will go into quite a bit of detail at first so you get a good feel for the charcters.  I would love to hear your feedback.  Thanks Angels!