Chapter 67--Home for the Holidays Part 1

Chapter 67—Home for the Holidays Part 1

The last few weeks have been crazy.  We got back from LA and went back to work on TWD.  TWD started off with a bang on October 12.  It broke records for the amount of viewers for a season premiere.  I'm proud to be part of its success.  Norman has been crazy busy: TWD filming, GQ Spread, NY Comic Con, Atlanta Walker Stalker Con, an Art/Skateboarder/Music Festival in NYC, & the Savannah Film Festival.  I stayed home for everything except Atlanta's Walker Stalker Con.  Cira went with Norm to Savannah for the film festival.  Norman actually taught a film class for Savannah College of Art & Design students while he was there.  Cira was able to sit in and observe.  Since SCAD is a school she's been looking at, it was a great idea for her to go with him.

 The kids have been busy with schoolwork.  Cira is still working a couple of days a week with Greg on set.  She's having the time of her life and learning a lot while earning a little money.  The kids' teacher Miss Addison has been great and she has arranged work assignments via the internet during the extended winter break we are taking, this way the kids won't fall behind and we can be with Norman for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's. 

I have been a little stressed lately.  I have no child support coming in from Andrew now that he is in jail.  He has a court order to pay me and also to pay for my medical bills from when he punched me, but he can't work while locked up, so I won't see anything for a while.  I make good money but supporting three kids on one person's salary isn't easy.  I dipped into my savings in order to fly us all the New York and of most of the Christmas shopping as well.  I refuse to let my kids suffer because of their Dad, so I will do what I have to.  Maeve thinks I should tell Norman and let him help me but I refuse.  I've lived on less and I can do it again if I need to.  Once Andrew is released I should see some back child support from him and I should also get his Income Tax refund since he is in arrears.  That will help because I have some medical bills from my surgery that weren't covered and I need to pay those.  I'm determined to make this Christmas special and not worry about all this.

Tuesday November 18, 2014 8am

The five of us board the plane and take up most of First Class.  We will have a little over two hours until we touch down at JFK International airport.  It's been a while since I've been to NYC, so I'm pretty excited.  Norm is ecstatic and can't wait to show us around.  Cira has been to NYC a couple times with me but the younger kids have never been to the city.

I look over at Norm who's settling into his window seat next to me.  He's fiddling with his phone and doesn't notice that I'm watching.  I look across the aisle at Cira who has the window seat; so far the seat next to her is empty.  Travis and Melanie are seated in front of Norman and I.  I look down at my legging clad legs and notice cat hair on them.  I sigh and look down at Eye whose is peering at me from his carrier at Norman's feet, "Thanks for sleeping on my clothes Eye, I appreciate the fur."  He blinks at me and I hear Norman chuckle, "I guess I didn't get all the fur off.  I removed Eye from his sleeping spot and tried to shake the fur off your pants."  I shake my head, "It's fine at least Eye's fur is the same color as my leggings."  He smiles and goes back to his phone, catching up on his Twitter before we depart.  I go back to picking fur off my leggings and making sure my Hunter green V-neck cable sweater is fur free.

We are almost ready to go when a man boards at the last minute, taking his seat across the aisle from me.  Cira looks up at the man who sits down beside her and smiles.  He nods at her, looking over at me grinning, "Why hello pretty lady, how are you today?"  I give him a small smile and return his greeting, "Fine thank you."  I glance back over at Norman who's putting his phone away and fastening his seatbelt.  We listen to the Flight Attendant go through the pre-flight safety instructions and soon we are pulling away from the gate.