Chapter 5--Nicotine and Kisses

Chapter 5—Nicotine and Kisses

I exhale the smoke, god that is so good.  I moan out loud.  Norman looks me up and down, then raises an eyebrow, “Enjoying that just a bit are we?”   I look at him and with an evil grin I reply “Hey I’m divorced, this is as good as it gets.  I deserve to moan.”  I think that painkiller has kicked in because my filter is quickly disappearing.

I look at Norman and he has an amused look on his face.  Well at least I didn’t send him running into the sunset screaming with that last comment.  It’s been years since I’ve flirted, but I’m pretty sure I need to work my technique.

“Can I ask you something?” he says exhaling smoke.  “Sure, what do you want to know?” wondering what he’s going to ask me.  “You said your oldest is 17.  How young were you when you had her?” he inquires.  “Yeah, Cira’s 17.  I was 25 when I had her, why?” I answer.  “There’s no way you are 42!” he exclaims.   I laugh and nod my head, “I am I swear.  I’ll be 43 in September.”  He looks at me like I’m completely lying, “I swear you look 34-35 at the most.”  “I get that a lot Norman, but thank you, I still love to hear it.” I smile at him and take another drag.

Norman and I talk about music, movies, and other things while we smoke.  We both like punk and heavy metal.  We’re both fans of action and horror movies.  We even realized we both smoke the same brand of cigarettes, I just smoke 100’s instead of shorts.  We both even use Zippos.  He reached out and grabbed mine off the ledge to look at it.  Oh Crap!  I tried to get it back but the crutches make moving slow and awkward.  “What are ya hiding, hmm?” Norman says as he holds my Zippo out of my reach.  He looks down at my lighter, sees the Celtic cross and Boondock’s Prayer engraved on it, smiles and says, “Oh so this wee Lassie is a fan of the Saints?”  OMG!  He just used an Irish accent.  Norman just Murphy’ed me!  I blush, “Umm yeah, just a bit.  Can I have that back now?”  Norman moves closer to me and we are just inches apart, “Maybe, but it will cost you,” he says almost whispering in that raspy voice he has.  I swallow hard and decide to play with fire, “What’s the cost?” I answer looking at him, chewing playfully on my bottom lip.  Norman closes the rest of the distance between us and reaches out to push one of my red curls out of my face.  He leans in and softly kisses me on the lips.  The kiss is slow and tender.  My whole body tingles and I’m pretty sure I’m forgetting to breathe.  As the kiss ends and he pulls back, I softly moan.  I look into his eyes and he is staring at me.  Without realizing what I am doing I reach up putting my hand on his cheek and pulling him in for another kiss. 

This time Norman isn’t as soft and gentle, his kiss is more demanding and passionate.  I eagerly kiss him back, allowing his tongue entrance to my mouth.  He moans into my mouth as our tongues touch.  God this man can kiss and I’m more than happy to allow him to keep doing it.  My arms are around his shoulders now and my hands are entwined in his hair.  Norman has his arms around me and my crutches on are the ground.  He reaches lower and cups my ass with his one hand pulling my lower body against his.  I feel like I’m on fire.  My heart is racing and I realize this is the most amazing kiss of my life.  We slowly end the kiss, Norman leans his forehead against mine.  We are both breathing heavy, like a couple of teenagers who’ve been making out behind the bleachers.  “WOW” Norman says.  I nod my head in agreement.  I can’t seem to talk yet.  “So do you have a boyfriend?” he asks in his sexy raspy voice.  I look into his gorgeous blue eyes and mumble “no.”  His eyes sparkle, “Good.”