Chapter 78--A Change of Plans

Chapter 78—A Change of Plans

**A little time jump here.  I try to keep things as real as possible and Mr. Reedus has been Jetting all over the place, so I’m trying to keep up with him. LOL

Norman came back from Malibu within a couple of days but from the way he acted when he stepped into the door of the apartment you would have thought he had been gone for weeks.  He took an earlier flight out of LAX without telling me and when he walked in the door I was surprised since he wasn’t due home for another 6 or 7 hours.  The kids were with Helena finishing their shopping and having lunch, so I was wrapping presents.  He waltzed in, dropped his bags by the door and carried me downstairs to his room.  Needless to say I didn’t finish wrapping the presents, but I did get to unwrap Norman.

We all attended NY/NJ Walker Stalker Con on that Saturday.  The kids had a blast and I enjoyed myself too.  I get recognized much more often now, so walking around is not easy.  Norman was a little worried about me and kept having Sean Clark call to make sure I was okay.  Most of the fans are nice and gracious but every once in a while you get one who’s not.  I just do my best to avoid those situations and move on with what I am doing.  Sunday the kids and I stayed home, much to Norm’s relief.  He worries about me too much sometime,s and since I won’t stay put at his autograph table all day, he tends to think something will happen to me while I wander around the Con.  I know this is something him and I will have to sit down and talk about soon.

Norman had the Christmas tree delivered to the apartment a little over a week ago.  It’s a beautiful 12 foot tall Blue spruce, which is my favorite.  He’s so good to me, finding out from my kids what kind of tree I liked.  I was so surprised and excited that I was bouncing around the living room as the delivery guys set it up.  Norman just smiled watching me; taking lots of pictures the whole time.  We all decorated it together and over the last few days, more and more gifts have made their way under the tree.

I finally called my parents and told them about my engagement.  They were surprised but sounded happy.  My relationship with them is complicated so I wasn’t sure how they would react.  I confirmed a day to visit with them and they’re excited to meet Norman.  I’m nervous about this visit but Cira and Melanie insist I worry too much and everything will be just fine.

Because of Norman’s crazy schedule we are going to my parents before Christmas.  Norman has a Con in Japan and has to fly out on Christmas Day.  He’s not leaving until the afternoon but it still sucks.  I’m trying to act like it doesn’t bother me, but I’m pretty sure he knows that I’m upset.  I realize that his job is nuts and this is part of it, and I’m not mad at him in the least, it just never occurred to me that I wouldn’t have him here for the entire day on Christmas.  This was booked before we were together and he promises that in the future, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day will be just for family.  He will be back in time for New Year’s Eve and has big plans for all of us.  I’m looking forward to watching the ball drop in Times Square and ringing in the New Year with him.

Wednesday December 24, 2014 6am

Jenna’s POV

Norman and I get my kids up and loaded into the Mini Van.  It’s a rental because our cars are in Georgia.  Lynda is dragging her feel a little because she doesn’t really want to go home.  I feel for the girl but I promised her parents I would return her when I visited my family.  She had a nice evening at Helena’s last night, celebrating Christmas early with Mingus.  I was glad they could get together without the rest of the kids around.  When Helena dropped Lynda back off last night, Mingus walked her back to apartment to say his goodbye.  Norman still thinks it’s a little weird watching his son kiss a girl goodnight.  I think the two of them are adorable, tiny little 5’3” Lynda and Mingus who’s a good 6’1”.  He practically picks her up to kiss her.  The boy has really shot up the last few months; he’s definitely taller than Norman now.