Chapter 58--Bed Rest & Vicodin

Chapter 58—Bed Rest & Vicodin

Thursday July 31, 2014

Jenna’s POV

I open my eyes to the early morning sun peeking through my bedroom window.  I turn over and a dull pain courses across my chest.  I softly curse, “Shit! That hurts.”  I quickly glance over to Norman to see if I’ve wakened him and see him staring back at me.  He’s still partly asleep but quietly whispers, “Are you okay?”  I give him a weak smile, “Not exactly but I’ll live.”  He reaches over and pushes a stray curl that’s escaped my braid from my cheek, “You want one of your painkillers?”  I nod and start to sit up but he stops me, “I can get it for you Jenna, you’re supposed to be on bed rest remember?”  I give him a frustrated look as I answer, “I know but since I have to pee, I might as well get it myself.”  He sits up and grabs his sweatpants off the chair.  I stand up and realize I’m only wearing Norman’s shirt, so I walk to my dresser to look for my yoga pants.  As I reach for the dresser handles, Norman comes up behind me and puts his hands over mine, “You’re not supposed to be lifting or pulling anything for a week, remember?”  I let out a defeated sigh, “Oh yeah, I forgot.  Can you get me my black yoga pants from the middle drawer?”  I lean back against his torso for a moment as he nuzzles my neck.  He kisses my cheek and softly says, “You are so damn sexy in my shirt.”  I shake my head, “I don’t feel very sexy with my boobs all bandaged against my chest.  I look like a prepubescent girl.  It’s not very comfortable either.”  He kisses my cheek again, “I still think you’re sexy.”  He pulls open the drawer and grabs my pants, handing them to me and stepping back from me.  I take the pants and sit in the chair to slip them on.  Once I stand back up I look over at him watching me, “Could I borrow a flannel shirt?”  He grins, “Yes, hold on a second.”  He walks to my closet where he’s put a few of his things and brings me a gray and white flannel.  I fiddle with the buttons on the shirt I’m wearing for a moment and mumble, “Could you please help me with this?”  He walks up to me and unbuttons the shirt, careful not to bump his knuckles into my bandaged breasts.  He slips the shirt off my shoulders and slowly helps me put the flannel on.  I look into his eyes as he straightens the collar before beginning the buttons.  He gives me a soft smile, “Needing all this help is driving you crazy isn’t it?”  I roll my eyes a little and chew on my lip as I admit, “Yup, just a bit.” He watches my mouth as I bite on my bottom lip.  I realize what I’m doing and stop.  “Sorry,” I mutter.  He just sighs and tips my chin up with his hand so he can kiss me.  As his lips brush mine he whispers, “Don’t ever be sorry for biting on your lip.  It turns me on every time you do it.”  His lips are warm and soft.  I can feel the stubble from his scruff against the edge of my mouth and I giggle a little.  He is lips turn into a smile as he kisses me.  He pulls away slowly, “Sorry, I haven’t trimmed this in a couple of days, and it’s getting a little longer than I like it.”  I rub my top lip with my finger, “Its fine it just tickled a little.” 

He steps away from me rubbing his chin, “Well its bugging me too, so after my shower I’m trimming it.”  I stare at him for a second and thoughts run through my head.  Norm notices and gives me a sexy smirk, “What nasty thoughts are running through that head of yours sweetheart?” I put my hand over my mouth and cough out, “Nothing.”  He cocks one eyebrow at me and says, “Darling, I know you well enough to know what the look you gave me means.  Spill it Red!”  I blush and look at the floor, “umm nope.”  He walks to me and puts his arms around my waist, nuzzling his head between my shoulder and chin muttering, “Out with it Jenna.”  I can feel his beard tickling my neck and I squirm, “Okay, stop!  You win Norman!”  He laughs into my shoulder, “Well tell me.”  I sigh, “I have this thing about watching men shave or trim their facial hair, okay!  It’s a weird turn on alright.”  He moves his head off my shoulder and looks at me chuckling, “That’s not that weird.  In fact it would be really sexy to let you trim it for me.”  I let out a little moan, “Ummm, not this week babe, but in the future you have yourself a deal.”  He grins and kisses my cheek, “Deal!”  I’m still blushing as I realize I’ve told this man more about my turn ons and kinks than anyone in my whole life.  I sigh and look up over at him.  He sees my red face and smiles, his raspy voice reassuring, “All your secrets are safe with me darling.  But for the record, you haven’t done or told me anything weird yet.  So don’t worry your pretty little head about it.”

He opens the bedroom door for me and I walk to the bathroom.  Since I can’t shower for another day I put deodorant on the best I can manage and spray Berry Vanilla body spray on my body.  I feel a little better once I’ve done that and brushed my teeth.  I find Norm in the kitchen making us both coffee.  I take the cup he hands me and give him a pleading look, “Can I have a cigarette before I go back to my bed?”  He nods, “Yes, because I don’t like dealing with caffeine and nicotine deprived Jenna.”  I give him an apologetic guilty look over yesterday’s attitude and mutter, “I’m really sorry about that.”  He shrugs and hands me a Vicodin, “All’s forgiven babe.  Take this so you feel more comfortable.”  I swallow the pill with a sip of coffee and walk to the front door.  Norman opens it and I follow him outside.  Once I’m sitting in a chair he hands me cigarette and offers me a light.  I lean forward lighting my smoke and taking a long drag.  Norman lights his and puts the pack and Zippo on the railing before sitting next to me.  We sit quietly and quietly Norman asks, “Ever think about quitting?”  I exhale the smoke before giving him a cocky answer, “Right after I give up having sex.”  He laughs, “Really?”  I nod, “I know it’s bad for me but it’s really my only vice.  Maybe someday I’ll quit, but not anytime soon.  What about you?”  He sighs, “I know I should quit but I don’t, so I guess I’m agreeing with you.”

We sit quietly for a while.  Norman steps back inside to make us a second cup of coffee and once he returns we have a second cigarette.  I decide to present an idea to him, “Since we are both off to at least next Wednesday, I was wondering if you wanted to have a BBQ and invite everyone from work over?  That way they could meet all the kids and visit with me.  I know they have been asking about me because Cira mentioned it.”  He gives me a grin, “Only if you promise not to do anything except sit there and look pretty.”  I nod in agreement, “Can we do it on Saturday?  I’ll be able to shower tomorrow and I’d really like to smell decent for company.”  He shakes his head and smiles, “Sure that’s fine.  Sean and I will go to the store and get food.  Maeve and the kids can help cook and clean up the house.  I’ll call everyone today and tell them 1pm on Saturday, okay?”  I smile, “Sounds good to me.”  Norman looks over at me, “You will have a visitor today though.  He flew in early yesterday but since you were being discharged and were exhausted I told him to wait until lunchtime today to visit.”  I’m surprised, “Who?”  He gives me a shit eaten look, “Why your BFF of course!”  I smile, “Saul’s here in Georgia?”   Norman nods, “Did you really think he wouldn’t come?  He’s here until Sunday.”  I just smile and take a sip of my coffee.  Norman and I finish our smokes and then go inside.  The Vicodin is taking effect so he ushers me back to bed promising to bring me breakfast shortly.