Chapter 50--The Truth

Chapter 50—The Truth

**I’m sorry if there are spelling/grammar mistakes; I’ve been staying up until 4 or 5am and getting up at 7am.  I hope you like this chapter; I had trouble getting the tone and feelings on “paper.”  If it’s not as good as you have come to expect I apologize.  I have some good stuff coming up very shortly!  Thanks for hanging in there……

Norman’s POV

I get a text from Jenna asking if we could Skype tonight.  I texted her back that I had some things after Con that I needed to do and I wouldn’t be back to my hotel until late but if she wanted to Skype when I was done we could.  I let her know I would call her when I was back at my hotel.  I hate lying to her but tonight I needed to.  I will be back at my hotel around 7pm, but I’m expecting someone at 8pm and I don’t know how long they will be there.  I have another hour here at Comic Con before I’m done for the day.

Back at Norman’s hotel

I’m pacing in my hotel room.  I don’t think I’ve ever been this nervous in my life.  I must have walked across this hotel room a hundred times in the last hour.  I hear a knock on my door and I let out a deep breath, here goes nothing! 

I open the door to a pretty petite blond standing in the hallway with a wheeled carry-on bag.  She smiles at me and says, “Hello Mr. Reedus, I’m Kiki with Harry Winston Jewelers.  Are you ready for our consultation?”  I smile and welcome her in, “Please call me Norman, Kiki.  It’s a pleasure to meet you, please come in.”  She rolls the bag in and takes a seat at the table.  I watch her set up her things and ask, “Would you like something to eat or drink?  I just got back and I haven’t eaten, so I was going to have room service bring up dinner.”  She shakes her head, “No thank you Norman, I just ate.  I will have bottled water though.  Please feel free to eat your dinner during our appointment.”  I nod and order my dinner along with a bottled water for her.  I sit down across from her and she smiles, “Don’t be nervous Norman.  I’m here to walk you through everything and make this very easy for you.  I’m very good at my job so just trust me.”  My voice comes out more nervous than I want, “Sorry, I’ve never done this before.  I’m a little out of my comfort zone.”  She gives me a big smile, “Most men are nervous when they take this step, so you’re in good company.  I have a few questions to ask you that will make it easier for me to design the engagement ring for your fiancée.”  I nod my head and let out a deep breath, “Okay what do you need to know.” 

She grabs her Ipad and taps the screen before speaking, “Well let’s start with what you know about her jewelry tastes.”  I look at Kiki and think back to the conversation I had with Cira when we were out taking photographs, “Jenna doesn’t really like yellow gold, she prefers silver or white gold. She doesn’t have much jewelry at this point.  I found out she got rid of most of it after her divorce.  She has simple tastes, nothing gaudy.  She’s a bit of a rock n’ roll type chick but she’s a little country too.” 

She takes some notes and looks over at me, “Okay, now what do you have in mind for her ring?”  I bite my thumb as I collect my thoughts, “I want something unique and beautiful, like her.  Not the typical diamond engagement ring.  I like the idea of silver but I was thinking platinum, she deserves it.  She has the most stunning green eyes and red hair and I want something to compliment that.  I would still like a diamond as the center stone though, probably 3 or 4 carats.  I don’t want the Hope Diamond but I want a diamond worthy of what I think of her; something that says just how much I love her.  I would like it simple and beautiful, just like she is.  She’s Irish so I would like an engraving on the inside of the band.  I was thinking of putting,”grá mo chroí”, which is Gaelic for “love of my heart”. Oh, on her wedding band I would like “Tá tú go h-álainn” engraved.  That’s Gaelic for “you’re beautiful”.  The rest I’m not sure of at this point.  I need some help.”