Chapter 31--Season 5 & Triple 9

Chapter 31—Season 5 & Triple 9

Thursday May 29, 2014

The last week has been crazy.  Filming has started on Season 5 of The Walking Dead and I am at work by 7am and I’m lucky if I leave by 8pm.  Poor Norman has had it the worst, he spends most days going directly from shooting the TWD to the Triple 9 set in Atlanta.  They have done pretty well with scheduling but he looks tired.  Usually I’m asleep by the time Norman gets home, but at least we get to talk a bit in the morning while we shower.  I know this is only temporary so I’m dealing with it.  It’s not that I’m upset because he’s not spending time with me, I’m more concerned that he’s not getting enough sleep.  I’m trying to make this as easy on him as possible.  I’ve been taking care of Eye, doing his laundry, and keeping his house clean.  I have even been cooking dinner for two and leaving him a plate in the fridge.  If he eats it great, if not I put it in Tupperware and stick it in the freezer.  Hopefully the craziness will be over by the time the kids all get down here in three weeks.

We have 1 day until Atlanta Comic Con, almost all the cast will be attending so filming will be on hiatus.  Eulyn and I will be working on Friday to get all the costumes ready for next week’s filming.  If we get everything done we will be off for the weekend and I can go to Atlanta on Saturday and Sunday. 

It’s almost 7pm and I’m packing up my stuff to go home, well actually to Norman’s place.  He won’t be home for a couple more hours, so I’ll fix dinner and see what I can do to help him pack.  He’s staying in a hotel for the Con.

 I say goodbye to Eulyn, text Norman that I’m heading to his place, and walk to my car.  I’m almost to my van when I hear my name being called, I turn and see Norman running to catch me.  I stop and wait for him to get to me.  He’s still is costume and I have to admit having Daryl Dixon running to you, calling your name is pretty damn hot.  He gets up to me and pulls me into his arms, swinging me around.  I wrap my arms around his shoulders pull him in for a kiss, he’s covered in stage dirt, sweat, and looks sexy as hell.  His kiss is forceful and deep, like he hasn’t seen me in days, I just melt against him.  When the kiss ends, my whole body is tingling and my heart is racing.  He looks at me with those beautiful Georgia Blue’s and I can barely speak, “What’s up baby?  I’m going to see you in a couple of hours.”  He kisses my lips lightly, “I know but I’ve missed you and I wanted to see you before you left.”  I hug him tight and whisper, “I miss you too, Norm.  It will be nice when things slow down.”  He presses his forehead to mine and in his sexy voice tells me, “Soon baby, I promise I will make all this up to you.”  I look him in the eyes, “You’re so sweet, but really hun you don’t have to make anything up to me, it’s work.  I get that, I really do.”  He kisses the end of my nose and pulls me tighter into his embrace.  I can hear him whisper into my neck, “What did I do to deserve you?”  I whisper back, “Trust me darling, we deserve each other.”  He laughs and kisses my cheek, “I got to get back on the set.  I’ll see you at home OK?” I nod my head, “I’ll see you later.  I love you.”  Norman smiles, “Love you always, baby.”  I watch him walk back onto the lot, waving to him when he looks back.  Once he is out of sight I get in my van and drive back to Norm’s.

 I throw together some dinner, nothing fancy, just lemon pepper chicken with potatoes.  I make some biscuits to go with it.  While dinner is cooking, I take care of Eye and then head to the bedroom to put away the clean laundry.  I put his carryon bag on the bed so Norm can pack it later.  I call my kids and watch some TV until he comes home.

He comes home later than expected and he looks exhausted.  He heads to the shower to get all the grime and make-up off from work and I head to the kitchen to reheat dinner.  I set the table and grab a couple of beers out of the fridge.  Norman comes out in just sweatpants, towel drying his hair, “You made dinner?”  I offer him a beer, which he gladly accepts, “Yup, I made dinner.  We gotta eat right?”  he leans over and kisses my cheek, “You’re so awesome.  Dinner, beer, clean laundry, and you fed my cat.  It means a lot.”  I just shrug my shoulders, “Don’t worry about it.  You have a lot going on and I’m happy to do what I can.”  I go to walk into his kitchen and he stops me, “Jenna, I’m serious. All the stuff you’ve been doing for me, it means a lot. I come home to a clean house, leftovers in the fridge, and all my laundry is clean, you don’t have to do that.  You are my girlfriend, not my maid and I don’t want you to think I’m taking advantage of you.”  I kiss him gently on the lips, “Norman I do these things because I love you.  It’s not a problem.  Besides, you helped me move in and unpack, when I needed help.  Don’t worry, if I think you’re taking advantage of me, you’ll know it.”  He kisses me and sits down at the table.  We eat and I quickly clean up the kitchen while he relaxes.  We head back to his room, he still needs to pack before we go to sleep.