chapter four. nerdy guys

"Choose, Buffy," Hope whispers to Clary. "Hey! I heard that," Simon says as the blonde girl shrugs.

"Hope is right. He can help us," Clary explains. "I'm always right but whatever," Hope says standing up straight.

"How do we know he's even gonna help us?" Simon asks as they walk up the stairs.

"He's a shadowhunter. It's his job," Hope says as they walk into the Institute. Jace rolls down his sleeve before drawing a rune on his arm.

"That's so cool," Hope says watching him. "We clearly have different opinions on what's cool," Simon clears his throat.

Suddenly, Jace takes Simon's hand into his own. "Woah, I don't think I'm your type," he speaks up.

"Well, if Jace was into guys I think you'd be his type," Hope adds. "What?" Jace asks facing the girl.

"I just have a sense you'd be into nerdy guys. They'd make you feel better about yourself," Hope explains, shrugging.

"Okay. Did they rob a tech shop or something?" Simon asks as the Institute's true form becomes visible to him.

"So, we're just gonna follow this cold-blooded killer?" Simon asks looking at Jace.

"That would make me his accomplice and I'm too cute to go to jail," Hope explains.

"Keep telling yourself that," Simon says as Hope lightly shoves him with his elbow.

"Ouch!" Simon says as Hope laughs. "Your pain amuses me," she adds. "Aren't they gonna find us?" Clary asks looking at the screens.

"No, they're just gonna do their typical mundane thing and then leave," Jace explains.

"What's going on? Why are here mundanes in the Institute?" A tall guy asks walking up to the group.

"I'll have you know, I'm not a mundane and for you to say that to me is very insulting cause I'm a Tribrid. Only one of my kind. You guys should try being the only of your kind for once, major cock stroke honestly," Hope explains.

"Get help," the guy looks at her for a split second.

"And why is there a Tribrid in the Institute?" The guy asks.

"Circle members followed them here to get to Clary," Jace explains.

"What is a circle member? Is that like a cult member cause my mom would hate it if I was in a cult and I don't wanna piss off my mom. I love my mom," Simon asks looking at Hope. She stares blankly at him.

"Now is too soon for Jace to know about all your mommy issues, bud. You gotta keep some of that shit to yourself and all you need to know is this person who tried to kill us is the bad guy," Hope says petting his head.

"And can someone get me something to wear? I feel weird cause everyone else is not wearing pajamas. I don't wanna be the pajama bitch," Hope explans.

"I'll help you with that," a girl says walking up to them. "You and Simon can go with Izzy and I'll take Clary to Hodge," Jace explains.

"Okay. I'm Hope by the way and this Simon," Hope says with a smile. "Isabelle," Izzy says before the three head to her room.