chapter eleven. light my bong

Hope walks out of her room, wiping her eyes clean and pulling on her glasses. She walks out to find Simon walking out his bedroom door. He yawns when he sees her.

"Si," she wraps an arm around his waist, pulling him in for his warmth.

"Is there something in your pants?" He yawns again, making her yawn too.

"Could you light my bong?" She pulls it out of her pants and he frowns, shaking her head.

"No," he responds before they turn to Clary's door where they hear her whispering in her sleep.

"We have to check on her," Simon rushes in and Hope searches for a lighter in her pocket. She doesn't find one and eventually finds her way into Clary's room.

"Want me to fight of you demons?" She sits down on Clary's bed, pushing Simon out of the way.

"No but you can let me light it for you," Clary pulls a lighter from her bedside table.

"I don't think it's a good time to be high right now," Simon warns but the two girls give him a blank stare.

"Every time is a good time to be high but can you get us some snacks?" Clary turns to Simon and he nods. Hope crawls under the covers with Clary who takes a hit. She rests her head on Clary's shoulder and yawns, making Clary yawn too.

"Is Jace up yet?" Clary is suddenly getting up off the bed.

"Don't know," she shrugs as Clary takes another hit and walks out of the room. Hope takes one hit before following her out. She follows Clary into Jace's room where he's beating on a punching bag and he's also shirtless.

"This feels like an invasion of my privacy," Hope falls down on the couch in the corner of the room.

"Well, if you take your shirt off, it will make it fair," Hope throws her shoe at him.

"Who's Magnus Bane?" Clary falls onto Hope's lap, playing with Hope's hair, seeming to be stuck in her own world. Hope doesn't mind it.

"He's the High Warlock of Brooklyn. Why?" Jace frowns at Hope who shrugs.

"Because that vampire Camille accused him of taking my memories away," Clary explains.

"Where did you hear that?" Jace asks with a laugh as Hope sends him a death glare.

"Simon told Camille someone took my memories back at the Hotel DuMort," Clary says looking at the two as Hope gets up and grabs ahold of Clary to make sure she doesn't fall.

"Yeah believe your little mundie friend," Jace says with an eye roll.

"Don't listen to him. He's full of shit," Hope says putting Clary down.

"And I keep having these dreams where my mom talks about Magnus," Clary won't stop touching Hope's hair.

"Like memory fragments?" Jace asks, looking at the two girls.

"Yeah but they don't make sense," Clary explains. "And I want another hit," she seems to float on air.

"Magnus can invade even the Silent Brothers. He's powerfully. If he took your memories, he could be the key to everything," Jace explains as Hope plays with her rings before Clary pulls them all off her fingersm

"People are risking their lives to help me get my memories back but there might not be anything there," Clary says sitting down on the floor.

"It's our only shot and I'm willing to bet my life on you Clary Fray," Hope smiles before Izzy walks into the room.

"The mundie is leaving," she says before Clary walks out of the room with Jace following behind her.

"Aren't you gonna get your friend?" Izzy asks as Hope walks back to her room.

"It's two in the morning, I wanna go back to bed. I'll find my way back to him, I always do," she sits down on the foot of her bed.

"I know that feeling," Izzy moves to sit in front of her, resting her arm on Hope's thigh.

"I just wanted to give you my condolences," she looks up at Hope who reaches a hand out to touch her cheek.

"For the loss of your family," a gentle smile comes onto Hope's lips, a gentle memory of her family pricking into her mind and after all these years, thinking back on them doesn't hurt anymore.

"Thank you, Izzy, thank you for saying that," she pulls Izzy off her knees and stands up off her bed before pulling the taller girl into a warm embrace.