chapter seven. chanting my sister's name

Hope hits her head against Simon's as the two listen to early two thousands songs. It was one of the few things they had in common.

"Britney! Britney! Britney!" they chant, banging their fists against the roof of the van with him using his other hand to drive.

"Why?" Jace calls from the back before the van stops.

"Shut it, hood rat," Hope threatens, getting out before Clary rushes out as well, running after some strange man while calling for Dot as Hope speeds after her, stopping her in her tracks.

"She has to be here somewhere," Clary tries to push past Hope but the girl doesn't move.

"She was here but I don't think she's here anymore," Hope explains as Simon and the rest of the shadowhunters catch up with Simon holding his hand to his stomach while looking to be in severe pain.

Humans are so weak.

"We should head back to the institute," Alec pats Simon's shoulder for a second, shaking his head at the other boy.

"What? And just give up and call it a night. I don't think so. There has to be another way," Clary lets Hope wrap an arm around her to keep her at bay.

"There is actually," Jace starts, crossing his arms over his chest like a Wattpad bad-boy. It's hot and repetitive at the same time, Hope thinks and then proceeds to think about the word 'repetitive' for a few seconds before her name is dropped in the conversation.

"I'm not scared of the Silent Brothers. As long as I have Hope and Simon, I'm not really scared of any kind of monster that goes 'boo' in the night," Clary tries to seem tough but it's hard once again if you're holding onto an immortal Tribrid, and looking up at the person you're trying to intimidate but Hope cuts her some slack cause she knows the poor girl can't grow anymore.

Poor thing.

"If the girl wants to go to the Silent Brothers. We should take her. Her body, her choice. Feminism," Jace starts as Izzy hits him.

"She has no idea about the risks that are involved with this. Stop fueling her," she scolds him like a child, and Hope as to fight the urge to laugh.

"Izzy, I like you. You're cool but I also think we should go. We can't just let things that frighten us control us. Cause then how will we ever grow? Like Simon and his fear of forks, if he never outgrew that fear, how could he eat pasta now," Hope looks over at the Lightwood, seeming very serious. So Sirius, that she might be mistaken for Sirius Black while Jace is covering his mouth with his hand to hide his laughs.

"What the hell? You can't possibly buy that bullshit. Who could possibly be afraid of forks? Ariel, a sea creature who basically knew nothing about human life, loved forks. How could a whole person be afraid of a fork? I don't buy it," Alec throws his hands in the air.

"That's the point you got from this?" Simon asks, slapping Jace who snickers some more.

"Okay, that doesn't matter. Back to the topic at hand. All in favor of going raise your hand and say pee," Clary starts and raises her hand. "Pee,"

"Pee," Hope adds, raising her hand as Simon and Jace do the same before they turn to Izzy, all of them giving her puppy dog eyes. "Fine, pee," She raises her hand before they turn to Alec and do the same thing.

"No pee. Shit," he responds.

"Well, we outvote. Sucks to suck dick, old Lightwood whereas Izzy slayed," Clary throws an arm around Izzy, a smile coming onto her face.

"Izzy! Izzy! Izzy!" Hope starts chanting with Simon and Clary doing the same as Izzy follows them back to the van.

"I thought she was distraught, now she's chanting my sister's name. Does this make sense to you?" Alec turns to Jace who throws an arm around him.

"Well, they were raised in the mundane world. Mundanes are weird. Anyway, Clary had a point. Izzy slayed," Jace nods to himself.

"Izzy! Izzy! Izzy!" he chants, leading a miserable Alec to the van with the rest of the group.