chapter thirty one. a jace problem

When Hope gets there the fight is nearing its end and there's nothing to do because Jace is at Valentine's side. "If I go with you, will you hurt them?" Jace asks as Valentine shakes his head. "What's going on?" Hope asks but Valentine glares at her. "Shut up!"

Hope didn't know she would be walking into a trap today but she wasn't scared, she just watches, she stands between Alec and Clary. She didn't know how either of them got there but they both seemed to want her to save Jace.

"You have my word, son." he says as Clary tries to reach for Jace but they were clearly outnumbered, even with Hope, they didn't stand a chance. Valentine would escape no matter what they did. "Jace, don't. He's wrong. You're nothing like him." Clary tried to move closer but Hope held onto her, tightly.

"What are you doing? Let me go!" Clary yelled and Hope turned to Alec, his face was hard to read, Alec was just Alec. He didn't even seem frightened. He was the brave soldier his parents had raised, he didn't show fear.

"Hope, please." Clary begged and Hope holds onto her more tightly than before. She looks between the girl in her arms, Alec, and then at Jace. He wasn't scared either because there were four of them and a hundred of Valentine's men.

"Let him go!" Hope's eyes glow gold in the light, suddenly she lets Clary go as the girl gets pulled to the side by Alec. "Hope, I don't need you to save me." Jace spits out. "I don't care." she titled her head, "I don't want you to save me. I don't need you, no one needs you." Jace yelled but Hope was already slaughtering Valentine's men and in the middle of the bloodshed she hears Clary scream. When she removes her mouth from the neck of a circle member she finds herself surrounded by dead bodies with Jace and Valentine no where in sight. In the middle of the fighting she seemed to lose track of the boy.

"He just left!" Clary got free from Alex's grasp. "He saved us."

"We didn't need to be saved, we have Hope Mikaelson on our side!" Clary slams her fist into the wall, not caring when it bleeds and burns. Hope watched her but she couldn't think straight, think past all the blood, past all her rage. "You can track his scent, that's how you found us, right?" Alec asks but Hope sits down on her knees, her dress soaked in blood.

"I lost it, after the third person I killed." she tries to think back. "Then let's go, we have to find him." Clary says but all Hope can think of are Jace's last words to her. No one needs you.

"No." she says out loud.

"What do you mean no?! Jace is gone!" Clary was losing her shit and it was far from pretty.

"That sounds like a Jace problem."