chapter thirty. speak now

Hope didn't want to leave her room, she didn't want to see or talk to anyone, all she wanted to do was eat a pot of Nutella in her room and cry. She didn't have a reason to cry but she knew if she was still alive she would be on her cycle.

She was about to cry harder when she heard a knock on her door and she wiped away her tears, "Come in comrade." Alec opened the door, shut it firmly behind him as he leaned against it as if he was afraid to move anywhere else. She held out her Nutella and he came and sat next to her. She hands him her spoon.

"Where is Jace?" she couldn't help but ask and he knew she was going to ask. The two had been avoiding each other and Hope had been avoiding everyone. She was just so angry and she didn't know why. "He and Clary went somewhere with Magnus. I came here because I wanted to ask you something." he ate a scoop of the Nutella, swallowing it before leaning back and resting his head on her Hello Kitty pillow, frowning a little when he saw it.

"You wanna ask little old me something?" she pokes him and he slaps her hand away.

"I regret it."

"You haven't even asked yet."

"No, I mean I regret meeting you." he takes another spoon full, "Come on, spit it out."

"Well," he drags out the l as he sits up, pulling his leg up onto her bed. She kicks his shoe off before his foot can go onto her bed. "I need a best man."

"Oh my fuck."

"Jace and I are fighting and you're the only other person I could think of." Alec tries to calm Hope down but she's already jumping on her bed. "I do." she tackles him and he groans, pushing her off him.

"I regret it."

"I do, I do, I do." she sings, jumping off her bed, "I'm planning you a bachelor's party, there will be strippers."

"No."

"There might be strippers."

"No."

"There will be Nutella."

"Yes, that's it. Nothing else."

"Of course, just food." she says out loud. "And strippers." she whispers to herself which he can hear but chooses to ignore.

"Should I get strippers?" Hope asks Clary and Izzy, she hadn't seen them in what felt like forever

"No." Izzy and Clary turn to her and she pouts. "What can I get him that screams, 'Im your best friend and I know you the best'."

"If that were true you wouldn't be asking us." Clary sasses and although she had a point, Hope didn't agree, she cussed Clary out under her breath. "I don't know what to do, give me some advice." Hope was desperate, she wanted to make it perfect.

"There's only one person that can help you with this." Izzy sits down on her bed as Hope rests her head on the girl's lap. "No." Hope doesn't even want to think about it. She didn't need him, she didn't want to need him, he was right, she did have an ego and it wouldn't allow her to beg for his forgiveness.