chapter ten. slit your throat

After driving to a church the group all stumble out of Simon's van that Hope forbid anyone else to drive.

"Whose grave is it?" Alec asks, looking at the group.

"Mary Milligan, born January 10th, 1802. Died January 10th 1878" Izzy explains.

"I would hate to die on my birthday but it's kinda poetic too." Hope adds, the thought seems too inhumane to her.

"No one cares." Jace says looking at the girl who rolls her eyes at him.

"What are we looking for?" Clary asks looking at the group.

"Cache of weapons" Izzy responds. "Stashed with Mrs Milligan." Jace adds.

"Why are there Shadowhunter weapons in a church yard?" Clary asks confused. "Holy ground. No demons allowed. Strange cause they allowed me to come through." Hope shrugs as everyone looks at her oddly.

"Let's pretend I never said that." She adds.

"Alec you can go check out by the angel." Jace says looking at Alec who had just gotten into a small fight with Izzy as Hope looks around, ignoring the group.

"Found it." Alec says as Hope walks up to him.

"We're crossing vampire territory." Alec says looking at the two.

"Calm down Alec. We'll get in, kick some vampire ass and save Si." Hope explains.

"I don't want to. I don't care about this kid." Alec says looking at the shorter girl as she clears her throat.

"Well, I do. That guy that you think is just another insignificant mundane happens to be my best friend in the entire world and if we don't save him, I'll slit your throat and Jace's and then Izzy's. I will wipe out your entire race if you don't fucking save Simon." Hope says not really caring about how her words will affect whatever friendship she might have with the older boy

"You won't hurt Izzy." Alec turns to her.

"Fucking try me. I dare you." Tears prick in Hope's eyes. She jokes a lot but right now she's scared. She can't lose another person. Their argument is broken apart when Clary tells them she found the grave.

"Good job." Hope says walking up to the redhead before Jace draws a rune and then lifts up the lid seeing weapons. Hope grabs a serph blade as does Clary the same.

"Don't touch that. You don't know how to use it." Alec says.

"You'll show her. And there is no bow so you can go get them. Clary can go with you, since you two like each other so much." Jace says looking at the teens who glare at each other than who nod.

"Be safe. I love you." Hope pulls Clary into a tight.

"I know, I'm amazing." Clary retorts.

"I take it back." Hope kisses Clary's cheek as the girl nods. "I love you too," with that, she walks away.

"Now let me show you how to use it before you cut off my head or something." Jace says walking up to Hope who shrugs.

"Now I kinda wanna cut off your head." she smiles. Jace rolls his eyes, his cheeks turning a vibrant red as he takes ahold of Hope's hand. He guides her as she slices the blade through the air, his breath heavy on her neck.