Stranger

Before I could look up to see who it was, I felt a warm body push me out the way and lands on top of me.

"What the hell were you thinking?" The stranger asks with an attitude.

I get tongue-tied and couldn't speak, and barely could breathe.

The male takes my hand and helps me off the rocky ground.

A light pole turns on and the unseen stranger is now visible. His dark brown hair falls in front of his gentle blue eyes. His muscles flex as he notices me starring.

"I'm Brad," He remarks, taking me by surprise. I nod my head and glance down nervously.

My eyes get a glimpse of his clothes. He wore a plaid shirt, that wasn't tucked in, and jeans that had a bunch of holes.

"Do you even speak?" He remarks, folding his arms. "Not often." I throw back. "Plus, my name is Madddie."

"What were you doing, trying to get yourself killed?"

"None of your business." I scoff, walking the opposite direction of Brad.

I didn't see where he went when I looked back to see if he was following me.

He disappeared, nowhere to be seen. He wasn't near the light pole or the train tracks.

Just disappeared, almost like a magic trick.

I see him, I turn away for one second, then he's gone.

~

I quietly shut the door to my house and tiptoe to my room. The door is still locked since I always lock it when I go to the railroad.

I take a nice, warm shower and lay in my comfy bed.

My phone rings and I have to force myself to get out of my bed.

"Hello," I answer with a scratchy voice.

"Hey girl!" Lizzy shrikes.

"What?" I ask, debating if I should just hang up on her since she called me for no reason.

"Did we have any homework?" She asks.

"Luckily, no. Thank God we don't have any for the weekend." I say. "Why weren't you at school?"

"I wasn't really feeling all that good this morning. Throwing up, shit like that." Lizzy giggles.

I laugh and we say our goodbyes.

I toss myself on my bed and hide under the covers. I pull out my favorite book and flashlight and begin to read in the pure darkness, except for the dim light that is coming from my flashlight.

My book sadly comes to an end and I throw it to my desk, but I miss and it lands on a pile of balled up papers that is laying on the ground.

I put my head on my flat and cold pillow. My eyes begin to fall shut and after about three minutes, I'm fast asleep.

~

I wake up on my own for once. No alarm, no mom banging on my door and yelling at me to wake up.

Since it's a Saturday, I got to sleep in late and it felt magnificent.

My body wasn't aching, my eyes weren't droopy. I felt great, my body felt energized and ready to take on the world.

My stomach growled, so I decided to make me some breakfast. I sprint to my kitchen, almost as if I was racing someone that was invisible.

But I didn't have to worry about anyone judging me. My mom has done left for work, my friends don't know where I live, and I have no animals giving me weird stares.

My old dog, PewDiePie, had the biggest, darkest brown eyes in this world.

If you stared at him for to long, you felt like you were being transferred into another universe.

But that all changed when my mom let him out to do his business in our yard. I guess that he went to close to the road.

He must have seen something that urged him to come over there because he knew not to go to the road.

My dad told me, later that day, that PewDiePie got hit by a car.

I was heartbroken when I heard the words fall out of his mouth.

The words shattered on the floor like glass. I felt like a piece of the glass, shattered, invisible, no one could see me.

I recovered though, only to receive another horrible message.

A man with deep voice called later that week and I answered the phone. He told me that my dad was involved in a terrible car crash and he did not make it.

The man said that the paramedics arrived there too late. He died at the scene.

I still haven't recovered from that. I have to admit it, I'm scared to.

Last time that I recovered and thought that everything was fine, my dad died.

I eat my strawberry poptarts and lick my fingers clean. "Yum," I mumble to myself.

I turn the tv on and watch three hours worth of The Walking Dead. It's my favorite tv show of all time!

~

"I'm home!" My mom shouts at me from downstairs.

I glance at my clock. It was four o'clock; my mom's usual time to get home.

"Okay!" I yell back as roll on my side.

My head falls to my pillow after I realized that I stayed in bed all day. A smile creeps on my face.

I changed into a normal outfit and walk outside, into the darkness.

I make my way back to my usual spot; the railroad. I wasn't stressed out, I just needed some fresh air.

I glance around the ghetto neighborhood carefully; no sign of Brad.

I let out a breath of relief. I know that I'm safe from that boy that I don't know.