Meant Nothing

When I walk back into the kitchen, I notice a few empty beer cans sitting by the sink.

I grab my car keys and my drivers licenses and head to my car, ready to get this over.

My intention are to find the nearest bar and search for him.

If he drank two, he would surely drink more.

~

I park my car in the parking lot that belongs to the bar that is a few minutes away from Brad's house.

I could already smell the nasty tasting beer and a hint of piss.

I double press the lock button, making sure that my car is locked. I head inside, dodging drunk people.

The place was vibrating from the loud country music that was blasting from the speakers.

My eyes wonder around, looking at every face in the small room.

Some people were dancing sexually and some not.

Some were sitting down at a table, drinking and playing cards with a beer in their palm.

I notice the back of a person's head, looking familiar. The dark brown hair made me realize it was Brad.

"Brad," I put my hand on his shoulder and he pulls the beer away from his lips. "How many beers have you had?"

He laughs drunkly. "Hey, Maddie. What are you doing here?"

"I came to get you, now come on." I pull on his hand, yanking him out of his seat.

"How did you get here? How are you even allowed to drink,byou're 18?"I ask, opening the door.

"I walked and I know people." He keeps his answer short, letting go of my hand and getting in the passenger seat in my car.

~

It takes awhile for him to unlock the house, but he finally opens the door and I follow behind him.

He quickly turns around, his hands on my waist. His blue eyes meet my brown eyes and he leans in close.

Brad shoves me against the wall and kisses my lips. I knew this wasn't right, he was drunk.

His tongue licks my lips slowly, asking for permission to enter into my mouth.

I shove him off of me and luckily, a chair was able to catch him before the floor did.

"Brad, you need to get some sleep." I mumble, not meeting his eyes as I walk past him to the living room.

I throw the blanket on the couch and watch Brad get underneath it and go to sleep.

I sit in a rocking chair, rocking back and forth with my knees pressed against my chest.

With a lot of stuff on my mind, but mostly the kiss. I knew he didn't mean it.

~

A few hours has past and Brad just cracked an eye opened.

I was scared, nervous, I didn't know what he would do to me.

I was hoping and praying that he wouldn't be drunk when he woke up, and luckily, he wasn't.

"Maddie," His voice is soft. "I think I'm-" he started to gag and rushed to the bathroom.

I chase after him, only to come face to face with the bathroom door.

Softly, I twisted the doorknob, praying he didn't lock it.

"Brad, are you okay?" I ask quietly, entering the bathroom, which smelt like puke.

He shoved me back some, his drowsy, bloodshot eyes meet mine.

It reminded me what happened in the kitchen. How it felt when he looked at me and then kissed me.

I couldn't think about that. He was drunk and most probably didn't remember it.

The kiss meant nothing to him.

I sigh, "Yell if you need me."

"No, please...stay with me." He begs, puking some more in the toilet.

I sit on the edge of the shower, drawing circles in his back with my fingers, trying to distract myself from the horrible stench.

"I'm sorry." He apologizes between breaths.

"It's okay, I don't mind being in a stinky room." I laugh.

"No, not this, the kiss."

"Listen, Brad, if you're a horny drunk, that's okay. I'm just glad I stopped you."

He made eye contact with me for a split second, before returning to puking.