Key

My heart ached in pain and my eyes were surly puffy and red, and my cheeks were sore to the touch, since I have been wiping plenty of tears away.

Brad was still attempting to open the door, to get to me and say whatever he wants to.

Finally, Brad was able to open the door by a key, which is held in his right hand.

It was a regular, every day, gold, rusty old key.

He looks at me with sympathetic eyes that looked straight into mine, sending a shiver down my spine.

Brad sits on the bathroom floor beside me, cradling me in his arms, rocking back and forth.

"Maddie," By this time, I had stopped crying. "Yeah." I answer flatly.

"I don't like you. I love you." He whispers back.

The pain in my heart fades away and a smile creeps onto my face.

"I love you too, idiot." I smile, grabbing his hand and squeeze, to reassure me that this is real, not a fairytale.

Brad carries me out of the bathroom bridal style and lays me on the couch, with him beside me.

He kisses my hand and I could already hear faint snores behind me. Finally, I could take a breather and relax.

As I begin to stand up, off the couch, I hear a soft thud.

I turn around, and spot the key that Brad had.

I pick it up and slide it in my butt pocket, smiling as I do so.

As I enter my room, I decide that it is time to go back to school tomorrow.

I sigh, knowing that I'll have plenty of work I will have to catch up on, and I know people will surely be talking about me.

Before I could do anything, my elbow comes in contact with the dresser and send a painful feeling down my arm.

"Crap." I whisper to myself as I rub my elbow.

I grad my phone and call Lizzy; she most probably thinks I'm dead.

"Hello," Lizzy voice says."Maddie,is that you?"

"Hey, yeah, it's me."

"What's up? Man, I haven't heard your voice in forever."

"I know. I think I'm coming to school tomorrow." I inform her.

"That's great! I've been all alone in Mr. Pervert's class and I feel like he's been eyeing me down."

I laugh. "I know what I would tell him. Okay, see you tomorrow. Bye."

We hang up and I toss myself on the mattress and quickly cover up with the quilt.

My eyes flutter shut and I go to sleep, knowing that everything is going to be fine.