Rocks

I lay on my comfy bed, gazing at the bare and boring ceiling with a huge smile. My focus was broken when I heard a "clink" from the window.

It would make the unwanted sound and stop a few seconds, only to repeat over and over.

My hands were shaking from me being nervous.

I felt my heart race and I'm pretty sure it was about to burst out of my chest.

I slowly walk towards the window, with baby steps and a deep breath . My head pounded from all my thoughts.

What could it be? A robber? A ghost? Or even worse, the guy that is at the end of my street, Ron. He's always been a weirdo.

I peer through the tented glass, only to see Brad throwing rocks at my window. I unlock my heavy window and lift it up.

"What are you doing here? This is not Romeo and Juliet!" I whisper loudly. If my mom found out, she'd kill me.

"Came to talk," Brad says casually, shoving his hands in the pockets of his sweater.

Luckily, there was a tree beside my window that I use when my mom won't let me go to the tracks.

"Climb the tree," I direct, pointing to the tall tree.

Brad shrugs and grabs the first branch. Almost immediately, he was already swinging his legs in my window.

"This is your room?" Brad asks, plundering around, fiddling with little nicknacks I had.

"Yeah," I was pretty embarrassed; my room was a mess.

It had candy wrappers, balled up paper, and dirty clothes scattered all over the floor and my bed was unmade.

"It's usually clean." I declare.

"That's alright." Brad walks around the room, exploring.

"Why did you come over here?"

"Chat,"

"How did you know where I lived?" I ask.

"I followed you here."

"Stalker," I tease.

"You know you live on the worst side of town, right?" Brad lifts an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I got that." I say.

Brad smiles and reveals dimples, my weakness.
"So, now what? Is this what friends do?" I ask.

"Maybe we can catch a movie." Brad suggests.

"It's like two o'clock in the morning." I protest.
"The movie theatre is still open."

"Okay," I surrender.

I knew I didn't look my very best. My hair was in a bun on top of my head, I had pajamas on, and my face was bare.

"I'll need to change first." I say, already picking out clothes to wear. For the movies, I chose a simple black crop top, high waisted jeans, and sandals.

For my hair, I just combed it out. Last but not least, my face. I carefully put mascara on and a little eyeliner on my waterline.

All this took me about ten minutes. Secretly inside, I prayed he was going to ask me out. I know we just met but he's gorgeous.

"You ready?" Brad asks.

I nod my head and we both scamper out the window.

~

"Do you want popcorn?" Brad offers.

"No thanks," I refuse, even though I could eat anything.

"I'll have two sprites and two small popcorns." Brad tells the tall man behind the register.

We get the food and sit in the back of the theatre.

Brad hands me the sprite and the popcorn. "Thanks."

"No problem,"

The theatre was almost empty, only about ten people in here. Give or take a few.

"What movie is this?"

"Echo." He answers, looking at the screen.

"Okay, just making sure this wasn't Fifty Shades of Grey." We both laugh.

We watch the animated movie and leave the expensive theatre.

Brad walks me to my house, through my 'dangerous' neighborhood.

We reach home and I unlock and swing the door open. I walk in first to check if the house was clear.

My mom was nowhere in sight, but as soon as I walk in the kitchen, she was there making a sandwich.

I motion for Brad to stay in the pure darkness with a little light from the stars.

"Where have you been?" My mom asks in a hoarse voice.

"Lizzy called and said it was a emergency." I lie.

"Oh really, and you couldn't tell me that?" She says smartly.

"I whispered it into your room before I left." I lie again.

My mom nods her head in disbelief and walks back to her room.

"Okay," I say as the door shuts to my moms bedroom.

He tiptoes inside my house and we head back up to my room.

"I think you need to head back to your house." I announce.

"Why?" Brad asks, giving off puppy eyes.

"It's like 5:00 in the morning." I look at my clock to make sure I was right.

I slide my creaky window up again and we walk out to the roof to say our goodbyes.

"Thanks for the fun." I wave.

"No problem." Brad says, climbing down the tree and walking in the side of the road.

~

I walk into school with my head high, confident about myself for once.

Mrs. Miller greets me at the door and I walk in, almost as happy as a bird with a fry.

Nothing was gonna ruin my day.

The day passed faster than expected, it felt like I was only at prison, I mean school, for and hour.

I was already putting my books in my car and heading home.

My foot taps the gas pedal and I go flying out the school zone, which wasn't a problem for me.

I'm about a block away from my house and I start to feel sick, stomach rolling up and down, cold sweats, hands shaking.

I had no control of my movements, I couldn't see out of either eyes. All that was in front of me was black and more black.