Tackle

Now that Lizzy woke me up, I can't go back to sleep. I'm wide awake and have nothing that I can possibly do.

"Maddie, baby." My mom whispers as she slowly opens my bedroom door, which shines some light.

"Yeah."

"I'm heading off to work."

"Okay, well, Daddy can..." I forgot again. For some reason, I've forgotten about his absence. "Okay," I finish my sentence.

My mother shakes her head and leaves the house.

After I heard the door close, I fix me some yummy breakfast; scrambled eggs and I start to turn my coffeepot on.

As the coffee drips from the machine, a knock was heard from the door. I set the pan down that had the delicious scrambled eggs on them and walk.

I look through the peephole, but see nothing except everything that's suppose to be there.

With nervous hands, I place them on the slick doorknob. To feed my curiosity, I open the door.

My brain didn't even have time to process it.
I felt my back hit the wooden floors and a warm body on top of me.

"What was that for?" I ask.

"I only tackled you." Brad exclaims as he lifts himself off of me.

I peel myself off the floor and jump to my feet.
I shut the door that has been wide open and walk back to the kitchen.

"Whatcha fixing?" Brad asks.

"My favorite breakfast food. Why?"

"Well, I didn't have anything to eat this morning."

"That's your fault."

"Please." Brad begs.

"Okay,"

~

We sit at the cluttered kitchen table and move all the junk to the side.

"How did you know I was home alone? And why are you up this early?"

"Well, I saw your mom pull out of your driveway. I always wake up early to jog around. I don't get these abs and muscles sitting down and doing nothing." Brad answers as he gobbles down the rest of the scrambled eggs.

"And that tackle early, what about that?" I ask, lifting my eyebrows.

"I surprised you, didn't I?" Brad asks.

"Well, yeah. I guess."

"Okay then," Brad remarks.

I toss the dishes into the sink while Brad sits in the living room.

"Want to watch The Walking Dead?" I ask.

"Why that?"

"My favorite show. Why you dissing it?" I tease.

"It's alright."

I plop down in the rocking chair and grab the remote. I turn the tv on and go to the shows that me and mom record.

I haven't been on there in awhile so I don't know what's on here.

I go through the whole list, but no Walking Dead.

"Okay, not on this tv. Maybe my room." I suggest slyly, feeling my cheeks turn a rose red.

Brad smirks and lifts his eyebrows.

"You know what I mean." I say, leading him into my room.

He shuts the door behind him, which kind of makes me blush. I turn The Walking Dead on.

Brad sits in my uncomfortable desk chair while I lay in my comfy bed.

After an hour or so, I get bored of laying in my bed and want to go on my Apple computer, which sits on top of my desk.

"Watch out, I need to get on my computer." I nudge his shoulder.

"Not that bad." Brad teases.

"Get up."

"Nah."

"Please." I beg.

"Nah."

I finally give up, but not quite. I sit on his lap and turn my computer on.