It Isn't My House

I sprint to my house and the police and firemen, leaving Brad in the dust. I didn't even look back to see if he was following me.

Once I reached my house, I realized it wasn't my home. It was a house that was burnt to ashes with no trace of anything.

"Ma'am, please step back." A policemen grabs my shoulder lightly, but I jerk it away, angrily.

I was sad and mad all at the same time. I didn't know how to react.

The police looks at me strangely, right in my eyes. It seemed like he was looking into my soul. I wonder what he saw. Maybe, how hurt I was. Possibly, seeing my whole life story.

"Maddie," The policemen with dirty blonde hair and dark brown eyes say in a questionable voice.

"I didn't know it was your house." "It isn't my house anymore." I already felt the tears stroll down my face. "This... is this what my life has come too?"

"Maddie, I-" I interrupt the policemen. "What? Huh, what? My dad's gone, my mom, what about my mom? Did she make it?"

"The firemen are looking. You remember Rick and Tom? Right?"

"Yeah, Daddy's best friends. I know you, Michael."

Brad runs up to me, out of breath. He lays his hand on my shoulder, that just makes me collapse to the ground in tears.

Some already formed in my eyes, and some tears that stained my face.

"Maddie, here they are, Rick and Tom." Michael tells me.

"Mom? My mom?" I ask, brokenhearted, as I stand up.

"Maddie, I remember you. You-" One of the firemen start but I cut them off. "Enough with the crap, where is my mom?"

"We recovered her burnt body." The words sunk in, deep enough.

It felt like a bullet in my heart. The word BURNT sunk in the deepest.

It felt like it was being tattooed on my heart with black, permanent ink. "Why does this happen to me?" I shout out loud for everyone to hear.

"Maddie, this could've happened to anyone." Michael assures me by putting his hand on my shoulder. I felt Brad shoot him a dirty look.

"Exactly, why me? I want to know why I have the bad luck." I then see dark black, purple, brown, and yellow dots.

My knees got weak and fall back to the ground, but this time Brad caught me before my butt hit the bumpy and rocky road.

"Maddie," Everyones voice echoes in my head.
Brad shakes me constantly, then would stop every few seconds and check to see if my heart was beating.

At this point, I didn't care if it was or not.
My dad's dead, my mom's dead, I have no one left. I may as we'll be dead.

I saw Brad's face one last time before passing out. Black filled everywhere. I felt like I was blind and deaf.

I couldn't hear anything or see anything. It didn't bother me at all, though.