Stole

I quickly observe my messy room, looking for anything that could be missing, but don't see any difference in my room than before.

I rummage through my jewelry box, nothing missing. I check my piggybank, not a penny missing.

I let out a sigh of relief, thankful for not loosing any of my personal items.

My pictures of me and my Dad, my necklace that my Dad gave me, all of my jewelry. I have to say, I was lucky.

My focus went back to the broken window. It was cracked but hasn't caved in yet.

I didn't want to tell my mom, after all I've put her through already for the past few days.

So instead, I just covered it up with my grey curtain. The window was unnoticeable, invisible.

That's how I wanted it. I knew my mom wouldn't let me go out to walk so I had to come up with a lie.

I walk into the kitchen, where my mother was.
"Lizzy wants me to come over."

"I'll drive you." My mother offers.

"She said she'd meet me halfway down the road. I'll just walk." I say.

"Okay," My mom's mouth said but her eyes said otherwise. I could see disbelief buried in them.

I awkwardly walk out the house, hands in my pockets, hoodie on my head, eyes focused on the ground.

~

The darkness filled around me, same with the night noises. I thought about ignoring the noise, but it actually felt good to have it around.

In the hospital, it was nothing but dead silence in my room and the hallways. I come upon the endless brown wooden tracks.

"Hey!" Brad shouts from a distance, a little anger in his voice.

My curiosity grew as he came upon me, standing in front of me.

"Have you been ignoring me? Huh, have you?" Brad asks, eager for my answer.

"W-what?" I begin to panic, not knowing what he meant.

"I've came to your house, tossing rocks at your stupid windows, but you haven't answered." He says, a little calmer.

"Oh, I wasn't home. Have you seen my windows? They're cracked. Did you do that?" I ask.

"Sorry, I kinda got mad and threw a rock harder than the others." Brad scratches the back of his neck. "Why weren't you home?"

"I was at the hospital." I answer honestly.

"Why? What happened?"

"Car accident."

"With who?"

"A fire hydrant." I laugh.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"Just a little weak, that's it." I glance at my arms, feeling my sore muscles tense up.

"I guess I'll accept your answer." Brad teases.

"Hahaha, very funny." I mock, rolling my eyes dramatically.

A train comes by and Brad forcefully grabs my arm, yanking me off the tracks.

My muscles immediately become weak, arms barely feeling the wind that is coming off of the train.

"What are you doing?" I pull my arms away in pain.

"Sorry, I forgot."Brad uses as his "excuse".

"Sorry doesn't cut it." I smile weakly.

Brad easily punches me on my side, but it still send a tingly pain throughout my body.

I felt the heat of the pain spread from my side all the way to my other one.

I fake a smile and go along with it. The cool breeze felt nice on my heated sides, since I wore a crop top hoodie and sofie-shorts.

"I should be heading home now." I blurt through the sound of the whipping wind blowing through my hair, causing knots.

"Okay, see you later." Brad and I walk away from each other, heading our separate ways.

I walk through my neighborhood that I thought that I knew it by heart, but I was wrong.

"Hey!" A voice shouts. I hear other boys whistles behind me.

I take a huge breathe and kept walking, ignoring the possibilities of what could go wrong.

"I'm talking to you! Crop top hoodie!" Another guy yells.

I heard their footsteps pick up their pace. Before I could react, two guys were in front of me and one behind me.

They were admiring my body, from head to toe.