Chapter 10: His Pins and Her Blades

Approximate time remaining in Trick Tower:
66 hours, 3 minutes, 7 seconds...6...5...

-

Hisoka entered a large, dark room. The room was suddenly lit by numerous candles set upon a staircase. He found himself staring at a man on the other side of the room, sitting against the wall.

The man told him that he was here for revenge on Hisoka, claiming he would get his revenge by killing him. Hisoka chuckled, obviously this man wasn't the least bit intimidating to him.

The man, who's name is Togari, pulled out four blades in attempt to kill Hisoka. However, their battle soon ended with Hisoka catching Togari's blades and slicing his head off. Afterwards, he continued past the room.

Eventually, Hisoka entered the final room, the waiting room at the bottom of the tower. An announcer's voice came through the speaker: "First to pass the third phase, Hisoka, number 44. Time elapsed: 6 hours and 17 minutes"

He walked over to the wall and sat against it, laying his head back. "Hmm, first to pass. Not bad at all. Guess I'll have to wait here for the others" He pulled out a few playing cards and fiddled with them. "I wonder what Illumi and (y/n)'s up to..."

-

Approximate time remaining in Trick Tower:
65 hours, 43 minutes, 59 seconds...58...57...

-

The two figures began to slowly approach you and Illumi. They didn't seem hostile at first, until you noticed they had weapons.

One of them was a large, bulky man with two pistols on his hips, one on each side. He was dressed in a western style, mimicking a cowboy.

The other, a woman, wore a long black dress and heels. She also had a katana which she held over her shoulder.

'It's likely they will try to attack us' you thought. Your stance changed. You were ready to jump into action at any time.

Illumi noticed the change in your behavior and immediately changed his own stance to match yours. He was prepared to fight alongside you.

The large, bulky man spoke: "In order to advance, you two will have to defeat us" he smirked.

The woman laughed. "This should be over quickly," she unsheathed her blade. "If you're good, I'll be sure to give you a quick death" she motioned toward Illumi.

"Tch..." you grumbled. You looked over at Illumi. He nodded his head in the direction of the man, indicating that he would fight the woman while you fought him. You nodded back in understanding.

"What do you say? Shall we begin?" the man asked while cocking his pistols. He spun them around his trigger finger while approaching you, almost as if he was trying to be impressive. "What? You don't talk much do you, young lady?"

'Ugh, this guy's annoying. Better get this done fast so we can get out of here' you thought.

Illumi had already began his fight with the woman. She was trying to cut him down with her katana, but he just kept avoiding her attacks. As much as you wanted to watch their fight play out, you knew you had more pressing matters to attend to.

You lifted six of your blades and spun them around you slowly. The man's eyes widened a bit. "Hmm that's not what I was expecting. What a shame though. Your little blades won't be able to land even a scratch on me. I'll shoot you down before you can even move!"