Chapter 27.5: Aftermath

Leaving the (L/n) estate was refreshing to say the least. You attempted to wipe the dry tears that caked your face while walking out of the mansion doors for the last time. Illumi had gone up to your room to grab a bag of your things so you could all leave as soon as possible.

You had killed your father to get out of this place, but you didn't feel any sense of guilt. As much as you hated the idea, you opted to leave your father in the position he was in. Surely the butlers and maids at your mansion would find his body. After all, what other choice did you have? Call the authorities on yourself for his murder? Definitely not an option.

Your group, being Renji, Illumi, Lulu and yourself, left the mansion and met up with Renji's boyfriend at the entrance to the gates. There was already a taxi out front waiting to take you all to the hotel you had booked for your friend. While loading your bags into the car, Illumi noticed the dark and somber look on your face.

You were staring at the closed gate in front of your home, reminiscing about everything that had happened prior to this day. You had a hellish childhood, that was for sure, but leaving home is never easy. Would you miss this place? You had no idea. But honestly, deep down you were happy you could finally get away. Tears began to well up in your eyes again.

"(Y/n)?" Illumi said upon approaching you. He placed an arm around your waist.

You looked up at him. It was amazing to think that he had stuck by your side throughout all of this.

"Let's go home" he said.

"Okay" you sniffled while allowing him to guide you to the car.

The both of you stepped in the vehicle. You sighed while thinking about your efforts to get away from your father. At least now it was finally over.