Chapter 13: Company on the Island

We're almost to 4k reads, and we've reached over 100 votes!

-

You'd been walking for a few days without seeing a single person. It was around midday, and your feet were starting to bother you. 'I suppose I should take a short rest' you thought, while choosing to sit in the shade under a tree.

You laid your head back. Your neck was sticky with sweat, it wasn't exactly a cool day on Zevil Island. The sun shone intensely and heated every inch of the island. "It's so damn hot out here..." you said aloud.

Beginning to fiddle with a kunai blade in your hand, you thought about your next move. 'If I don't see anyone soon I won't be able to gain enough points to pass this phase' Your mind would have been trying to come up with a solution if you weren't so tired at the moment.

After sitting under the tree for a while, you decided you had enough strength to continue. It was time to continue to look for other applicants and hopefully retrieve a badge, preferably 198, your target.

"Alright, let's continue!" you exclaimed while jumping up.

-

Another hour went by and still no people. Your energetic moment had long faded and you were back to being annoyed with the constant walking and lack of a single other applicant. It had just been you and your thoughts for days now, absolutely torturous.

"When will it end..." you said to yourself. As you trudged along, a strange noise escaped from a near by bush. It sounded like a twig being stepped on.

'Shit, I need to hide' you thought, while quickly climbing into a tree. While hidden in the branches, you peered over to the source of the sound, searching for whatever made it.

"I swear if it's just some stupid forest animal..." you whispered. Suddenly, your eyes widened as you saw Hisoka sitting against a tree. 'I did not expect to see him first' you thought. It looked like he was talking to someone. Some guy with a spear. Although, your senses had picked up on a third presence still hiding in the bushes.

You looked around and saw two orangey-brown eyes peering through the bush near Hisoka. 'What the... does Hisoka not know that he's being watched?' you wondered.

Hisoka was now standing across from the man with a spear. It appeared they had engaged in a battle after talking for some time. The man was injured, however, and wasn't really putting up much of a fight. 'I'll still lay low for now' you thought while adjusting your position in the tree.

-

After some time the man finally collapsed. He was surrounded by red and pink butterflies. They seemed to be attracted to his blood.

He was yelling at Hisoka about him not fighting back. You couldn't be less interested at this point. 'Just kill him already, Hisoka...'

Finally the guy decided to fight once again and lunged at Hisoka. Almost on queue, a pin came flying into the man's neck, followed by a few more stabbing into his face.

Your eyes brightened and you couldn't help but smile. You of course knew exactly who had just shown up.

Illumi, who was disguised as Gittarackur, emerged from the forest. He and Hisoka greeted each other and began chatting of course, most likely about the man who he just killed. You watched as Gittarackur tossed a badge to Hisoka. 'Number 80, was that badge his?' you questioned, while glancing at his lifeless body. 'Guess it doesn't matter, it's not the one I need anyway'

"Now that he's dead though, I might as well get down from here" you said to yourself. 'Although whoever was watching Hisoka earlier is still here...' you thought. "Welp, they're not much of a threat to me" you decided, as you climbed down.