Final: A New Life

Hope you enjoy the chapter <3

-

Entering the Zoldyck mansion felt different this time around. Most likely because you were unbelievably tired from the hellish events that occurred less than an hour ago, but also because of the fact that you were officially stepping into your new home. It goes without saying, even this home had its ups and downs. Obviously Illumi's situation wasn't exactly better than yours used to be, he had problems with his family too. But now, this place truly felt like home, and you were happy to be here.

Renji and his boyfriend were finally situated at the hotel. After leaving the hotel, Renji kept you on the phone for the whole car ride back to the mansion. He couldn't stop expressing his gratitude for your efforts in helping him. It had been 30 minutes before you finally got him off the phone. He flooded the receiver with constant "thank yous" and crying of all sorts. You just giggled at his acts of gratitude and promised him you'd see him soon. He was safe, that's all you cared about.

Illumi of course was thrilled you were officially living with him. Although he obviously didn't express such emotion, you could tell he felt that way. He offered to carry all of your things inside, assuming you were tired from the earlier events. As much as you tried to deny this fact, he was right nonetheless. Since he was busy and Lulu ran off to do god knows what, you decided to take the time to call Hisoka and Hawk, might as well let them know the good news.

Hawk was glad you called him. Apparently he had been spending time at some night club which he described as "incredibly boring."

"I'm really happy for you, (y/n)," he said upon hearing the news. "I suppose my family won't be doing business with yours anymore?"

"Probably not..." you let out an awkward laugh, leaving out the detail of you killing your father.

"Well, that's too bad, doll. We made quite the team, didn't we?" he said.

You couldn't see him but you practically knew he was smirking on the other end. "We sure did, Hawk" you responded, chuckling at the pet name which you decided was okay for him to call you, at least until you got tired of it.

"You may not be working for your father anymore, but maybe we can still have some fun on our own?" he suggested. "You know, go out on a casual killing spree. So call me whenever, okay?"

"Yeah, I'll be sure to do that" you smiled. You didn't think a killing spree could be casual in any way, but it would be nice to see Hawk again.

He chuckled. "Good. Take care (y/n)"

It was nice just hearing that cocky, playboy voice again. You'd be sure to call him up sometime.

After a long overdue conversation with Hawk, you dialed Hisoka's number. Surprisingly he answered almost immediately.

"It's been a while since we talked, (y/n). I was beginning to think you forgot about me" Hisoka said.

"Quit your whining, it's too late for that" you groaned.

"I'm only joking. Forget me? Nearly impossible"

"I can somehow hear you smiling on the other end" you said.

Hisoka laughed. "It is nice to speak with you again" he said.

"I suppose I did miss your voice a little" you admitted.

"Well of course you did" Hisoka said, most likely feeling a sense of pride. "Anyways, although I'm truly flattered, what's so important you're calling me this late?"

"You answered immediately, so I doubt you're busy"

"Alright, I won't argue with that" he said.

You sighed. "Well I finally did it, Hisoka"