Chapter 12: The Trip to Zevil Island

Hello readers :) Sorry for the late update, I've been busy recently. Hope you enjoy

-

A few hours later, the remaining participants arrived at the bottom of Trick Tower. The last 5 applicants, numbers 99, 403, 404, 405, and 16, stumbled in with just a minute left. You watched them enter the waiting room. 16 and 403 seemed to be fumbling over each other, clearly not getting along.

'What an interesting bunch' you thought to yourself.

You then noticed the two boys you had seen earlier, 405 and 99. 'Aww they are still together, that's nice' you smiled.

Hisoka was peering at 405 with an entranced look on his face. Lets just say it was freaking you out.

'Hisoka you weirdo....' you frowned.

-

With the conclusion of Phase 3, the remaining 24 applicants filed out of Trick Tower. Lippo, the examiner for the third phase, congratulated everyone on escaping Trick Tower. "All that remain now are the fourth phase and the final phase" he told everyone.

"Just two more phases huh... Looks like this thing is almost over" you said.

"The fourth phase will take place right over there on Zevil Island" Lippo pointed to an island behind him, miles across the sea. 'What a view!' you smiled.

"Now, let's proceed" Lippo snapped his fingers and a man appeared pushing a cart towards him

"Now, let's proceed" Lippo snapped his fingers and a man appeared pushing a cart towards him. It had a small grey box on it.

"To begin with," he started, "I will need each of you to draw lots"

Lippo received multiple reactions. Some applicants questioned why they needed to draw lots.

He explained that the lots indicated who you hunt and who hunts you. "In this box are exactly 24 numbered cards. Which means that one of the numbered cards will correspond with your badge"

'Hm, easy enough to understand' you thought.

"Now, each of you will draw a card in the order you exited the tower" Lippo said. "Alright, which of you is first?"

Hisoka walked up to the box. You stayed behind, intently watching him. He reached in, grabbed a numbered card, and walked back to where you were standing, giving you a quick smile.

Then, Gittarackur walked up and chose a card of his own. After he returned to you both, you walked over and looked down at the box. You reached in and selected one of the 22 remaining cards. After choosing your own card you returned to Hisoka and Gittarackur. Hanzo, number 294, was next to choose a card.

Eventually, every participant had their own numbered card. Lippo instructed everyone to remove the sticker on the card, which would finally reveal the number.