Chapter 11: Rest

Approximate time remaining in Trick Tower:
62 hours, 9 minutes, 42 seconds...41...40...

-

Your eyes slowly opened. The light in the room was bright, but the room itself was quiet and peaceful, a nice change from the loudness of the battle you just underwent.

You blinked a few times, adjusting your eyes to the light. It was as if you were waking up from a deep sleep. Only, you still felt incredibly tired. You lifted your head and looked around the room. There were a few couches and a small coffee table. You tried lifting yourself from the couch you were laying on but the wound in your arm ached horribly and you decided to stay laying down.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you"

Your gaze set upon Illumi. He was sitting against the wall on the opposite side of the room.

You groaned. "My head hurts..." you said.

"I'm sure it does. That's why I'm suggesting you shouldn't move for a bit" Illumi said as he walked over to you.

He sat down next to the couch. You turned to face him. "How long have I been out?" you asked. "About 2 hours" he replied.

'It's been a while' you thought.

Your mind was scrambled and your vision was blurry. The fight had only happened 2 hours ago, so how could you have already forgotten how you ended up like this?

"What happened to me?" you asked Illumi.

"What do you mean, (y/n)? You don't remember anything?" he responded.

You turned your gaze away from him. "You...got hurt. During your fight, your opponent had shot you" Illumi said. "You killed him"

Your eyes widened. "I killed him?" you asked.

"Yes" he responded.

You sighed. "I didn't mean to do that"

"Yes, I assumed so. You didn't seem like yourself at all, (y/n)" Illumi said.

"Sorry" you apologized.

"Nothing to get worked up about, I assure you" he said.

"How did I get into this room?" you asked.

"I carried you in here. The door to this room opened once we defeated our opponents in the last room" Illumi started. "I suppose this is where we can take a break before making our way out of the tower. However, I expect that the tower has a few more rooms for us to clear. It shouldn't take long, but considering your injury we might need more time-"

"Illumi..." you interrupted him.

"Yes?"

"Thank you" you grasped his hand.

Illumi stared at you. He saw your eyes begin to close and realized just how much rest you needed. However, he couldn't stop himself from questioning you. "Thank you for what?" he asked.

"For taking care of me. I really appreciate it"

"Oh, that..." he said. He moved closer to you. "You're welcome, (y/n)" he leaned in and pressed his forehead up against yours. "I'm just glad you're alright"

He pulled his head away. "Get some rest for a while. We have plenty of time to make it out of this tower. I'll wake you in an hour"

You smiled. It was comforting to have Illumi with you. You felt safe, safer than you had ever been before. Soon enough, your fatigue took over and you found yourself fast asleep.

Illumi never let go of your hand.

-

1 hour later