Chapter 24: Relief

After your great escape from the Phantom Troupe's hideout, your group had found themselves in York New City, far from Meteor City, the location of their base.

The three of you were out of breath. You couldn't recall how far you had run to get away from the merciless band of thieves.

"What do we do now?" Hawk asked between pants. "We failed this mission you know"

"I know, Hawk... Let's just... get some rest for tonight" you muttered.

"Well it's late, and I'm not trying to drag myself back home" Hawk whined.

You weren't going to argue with him there. You didn't feel like trying to get back home this late either, and you also weren't ready to face your father and tell him you had failed your mission.

You sighed. "Is there a hotel around here?"

"Probably. We could find one" Illumi said.

"Good. We can just rest there for tonight" you said.

Both men agreed, they were just as tired as you were.

-

The three of you, and Lulu of course, finally located and entered the nearest hotel. You all walked up to the front desk to request a few rooms.

The receptionist behind the desk was surprised when she saw the three of you enter in your run-down natures. You all looked exhausted, and not to mention dirty after spending so much time rummaging through old, stolen items. She didn't even begin to question the large cat that leisurely followed your group into the hotel lobby.

"Can I help you?" she asked, trying not to stare.

"Yes, we'd like a few rooms please, three" you requested.

"Sure. Give me one second" she said, as she typed away on the computer she sat behind.

A minute later she finally responded to your request with unfortunate news.

"I'm sorry, we only have two rooms available at the moment" the receptionist said.

"Oh... uhm..." you tried to quickly come up with a solution.

"No worries" Hawk spoke up. "I can share with (y/n)"

Typical Hawk.

"Excuse me?" you said.

"It's best that I share with her" Illumi suggested.

"And why is that?" Hawk groaned.

"Well, we've already shared a bed before"

"What?!" Hawk yelled, nearly fuming at this point.

"Twice actually. Although the second time it was a couch..." Illumi trailed off as he thought to himself.

"Do I get a say in this?" you asked, frustrated. "How about you two guys share a room and Lulu and I get our own?"

Your suggestion went unnoticed as Hawk tried to argue with Illumi (although, Illumi wasn't very interested). Just as you three were most likely about to get into a huge dispute, the receptionist interrupted after hanging up her phone.

"I've just received word that another room has been cleaned! So, three rooms, correct?" she said.

'Thank god....' you thought.

"Yes, three rooms" you smiled.

You all paid at the desk and, after receiving your key cards, headed up to the rooms. You quickly said your goodnights to Illumi and Hawk and happily entered the clean room.