Chapter 16: Netero's Interview

Enjoy the chapter <3

-

Illumi awoke with a heavy weight on his chest.

He refused to open his eyes and decided to take in the feelings he was experiencing.

He thought about what happened last night. Speaking with you. It was the only thing his brain could focus on.

He was so filled with emotions, emotions he would never admit he couldn't handle. He didn't even know what feeling he was experiencing now. His chest felt heavy, this weight was not letting up anytime soon.

"You're heavy" he said aloud in a whisper.

"What...?" you whispered to him, still very sleepy.

You had fallen asleep on him last night and was comfortably laying on his chest.

Illumi looked down at you.  He was laying across the couch with his head resting on the arm rest. You were laying right on top of him with your head on his chest.

'Oh, I shouldn't have said that' he thought. 'Hopefully she didn't hear'

You yawned. "What was that you just said?" you questioned him.

"It was nothing (y/n), dont worry about it" He rested his hand on your head, softly patting it.

"You can go back to sleep if you want"

"Okay... I might" you said. "What time is it?"

Illumi reached for his phone that was resting on a coffee table in front of the couch.

"7:50" he said.

"Mm.. okay. I think I'll lay here for a little while longer if that's okay" It was probably the best decision since you were still half asleep, not fully aware that you were quite literally sleeping on top of Illumi.

He smiled. "That's fine"

Eventually you fell back asleep. Illumi was naturally an early riser. In fact, sleeping past 7 was rare for him. He stayed awake while you slept, using one hand to scroll through text messages from Hisoka and the other to gently play with your hair.

Hisoka had sent Illumi a message no more then ten minutes ago.

Good morning Illu~ If you missed the announcement earlier, Chairman Netero apparently wants to do a lovely interview with each of the applicants. When you finally wake that pretty face of yours, do come down to the main hall to meet me. I will explain how the interview will take place. And tell (y/n) of course. Every applicant is required to participate  - ⭐️ H💧

"Why does he sign his text messages like that?" Illumi thought. "No matter, I'd better wake (y/n)"

You had managed to fall back asleep. It was a surprise, considering you had just been awake less than 5 minutes ago. Illumi genuinely felt bad that he had to wake you up. You looked so peaceful.

In fact, that was probably the best nights sleep you've had in a while. Spending a week on an island was not ideal. Every night you'd have to decide whether you'd sleep in a tree or up against a rock.

Sleeping with Illumi proved to be much more comfortable. You would know since you had already shared a bed with the man before now.

Illumi finally mustered up the courage to wake you (it was a much harder decision than he initially thought it would be).

"(Y/n) I hate to wake you but you need to get up" he quietly said.

You nuzzled into his chest more. "5 more minutes"