Dead Air Part 3 (High School of the Dead)

A/n: Part 1 of the Finale! I enjoyed writing this side series. I really wish High School of the Dead didn't end up the way it did, but I also wish that more people wrote about it. There're a bunch of waifus, and I thought the romance elements were really good.

So as a little treat, here are some stories that I personally recommend if you guys are interested. They're a little old, but they were really good reads.

The Courtship: https://m.fanfiction.net/s/8030804/1/Courtship

Time Trax of the Dead: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8951647/1/Time-Trax-of-the-DEAD

By the way, there will be deviations to the main storyline. I mean that's to be expected, this is a fanfiction.

Image is not mine.

~|~|~|~|~|~

Screams, the splattering blood, and cries for help. They deafened the male as he pushed forward, his eyes unmoving not looking for their sources, he pushed forward. The dead had come back to life, it was something straight out of a movie.

Help me!

He heard someone scream, but he did not look. He pushed forward through the bloodied halls of what was once his school. His mouth remained closed, he was silent. They reacted to sound, it was easy to see once he'd observed. So the plan was simple, stay silent stay alive.

Splat...

His head slowly swiveled, a few feet in front of him was one of "them" a student that had been turned. A beyond him was a wet rag, his eyes narrowed. A nearby supply closet door had slowly and silently shut. Survivors, and they were trying to learn more about these creatures instead of running away.

"Takagi." He muttered, the pink haired girl was a genius and would often try to arm herself with any and all information she could get her hands on. He'd need her help, so he stepped forward. The walking corpse was still a ways off, so he opened one of the windows at his side. The creak of the window opening seemed to be enough to attract the attention of the creature.

It shambled towards him, arms extended with the intention of grabbing and sinking its teeth into him. He'd seen it before. It got closer and closer, a simple sidestep and forceful shove sent it tumbling out of the third floor window.

A heavy thud, then a crack followed by the sound of what could only be likened to a bug colliding with a windshield. He was sure it was dead, then moved to the closet. He knocked. "It's me, c'mon out Saya."

His hand moved to pull the door open, his blood ran cold. A young brown haired girl stared vacantly at him, clutched in her hands a silver cube. A phone, his breath hitched as the haunting tune played.

Yumi....

(Y/n) awoke in a cold sweat, he trembled. His eyes quickly scanning the environment, a spacious room with a large bed. The lavish curtains and decor served as a reminder of where he was. "Saya's house." He breathed, he brought his hands together in an attempt to stop the trembling.

(Y/n) crawled out of bed, and pulled the curtains aside. He was met with the lavish courtyard of the estate, the prominent fountain standing tall in its center. He could see people busily moving around, carrying boxes of what he assumed were non-perishable foods, he even spotted Takashi speaking with someone before running off somewhere.

A knock on the door. "Come in." He said.

The door swung open to reveal Saya Takagi, her usual annoyed features landing on (Y/n). "At least you're already up." She sighed. "Do I have to do this every morning? Hurry up, your breakfast is going to get cold."