Dead Air: Part 1 (High School of the Dead)

A/n: Wanted to feel sad, so you guys have to deal with that too.

It's been well over a decade since the anime, and I wish the author did not pass. Sadly I am not a miracle worker, so all I can do is make stories of the waifus left for us.

Image is not mine.

~|~|~|~

It's not what it looks like...

(Y/n) (L/n) could only watch the sight unfold before him. He thought they were happy, he thought she was content, he thought she loved him. (Y/n) pressed his lips into a thin line as he pocketed his hands, his weight shifting onto his back foot.

"Hell of a way to let me know you weren't happy." (Y/n) commented. "Though I gotta say, going down on each other in a classroom? Really cliche."

"(Y/n)." Rei began, but the male looked away the moment she approached. She could see the faint gloss of tears forming in his eyes, the afternoon sun making it obvious that he wanted nothing more than to cry. "I'm gonna head home, just needed to grab some stuff."

"(Y/n) wait-" but he did not, instead the male went over to a desk and plucked the bag that rested atop it. "Rei, Hisashi." (Y/n) looked at the pair, their disheveled looks sending a pang of pain through his chest. "Take care, I'll be off now."

Rei could only watch as the male left the room, then heard the hurried running footsteps. Snapping out of her trance she quickly rushed out of the room, only to be met with the empty hallways.

"I have to apologize." Rei began, looked to the male behind her. His grey locks covering his guilt ridden face. They were like brothers, and he took his girlfriend. "We both do."

Reaching an agreement, the pair rushed out of the school. There were still students despite school letting out nearly an hour prior, some took note of their appearances and began to whisper amongst themselves.

-/-/-/-/-