Which One? Part 1 (Catherine)

Image is not mine.

~|~|~|~|~

Day 1 [11: 47 PM]

Damn man, I'm having a hard time believing that.

I looked up the source of the voice of disbelief, Orlando an old friend of mine took sip of his beer as he looked back at my pitiable state. "This is Katherine we're talking about right?" He asked.

"Let's not prod to harshly." A gruff voice sounded off. At my side was Jonathan Ariga, or Jonny as we affectionately called him made himself known. "Why don't you tell us what happened from the top, you're barely coherent."

"Chief's right, you've drank so much booze you can barely keep a conversation going with us." I managed a chuckle, as I slung my around the young Toby. The blonde was a mechanic at who worked for Jonny. "You think this is a lot?" I joked. "You're younger than I thought Tob."

"(Y/n)" my attention was called to Vincent, one of my closest friends through college and high school. Alongside Orlando and Jonny we grew up together and faced the world together. The five of us were inseparable--Five, I sighed remembering why I was drowning myself in alcohol during a weeknight.

My arm lifelessly fell off Toby's shoulder as I leaned back in my seat. "Now look what you did Vince, he looks worse than before." Orlando chastised, and raised his hand. "Hey Erica, my boy (Y/n) needs a drink."

Moments later Erica came by the table, placing a bottle of beer before me. She leaned down, taking a concerned look at my face. She must've noticed that I was awfully quiet. "You okay (Y/n)?" She asked.

"Oh..." I began. "You want some new gossip Erica?" The looks I got from the table were ones of worry and pity, I was just trying to lighten the mood. I shook my head, trying to get myself to focus. "Sure what's it about?" Erica chirped, obviously not understanding that this "rumor" was why I was in this sorry state.

"So today...when I went to visit Katherine at home." I took a breath. "Guess who found her sleeping with another guy?" I smiled, feeling the stinging of my tears as they ran down my cheeks. "Isn't that just weird?" I chuckled, trying to keep my mood up.

Wiping away the tears I reached for my bottle, and took a mouthful. The taste wasn't something I enjoyed, but if it helped numb whatever I was feeling I'd cram as much as I could down my throat. The table was silent, as I sniffled. "C'mon guys why the long faces?" I asked in the middle of choking back a sob.

"Dude, you don't gotta hold it in." Toby began. "I mean, we understand you feel like shit." The blonde groaned not long after saying that, his hand rubbing the side opposite me. Erica probably elbowed him in the ribs.

"Guys, I'll be fine." I tried to reason out. "I just need some time to think."

Looks of concern once again circulated the table, I saw Orlando shrug from my peripheral as I continued to drink. "Don't worry guys, I'll cut him off if things get out of hand." Erica beamed, her cheerful exterior shining through despite seeing my sorry state.