Hurt on All Sides [Parent Reader Sequel] [RWBY]

A/n: Wanted to try writing something different. I don't know how well this is going to do, but hey it's good to try new things.

This is a tie in to my previous Parent (Y/n) story which for deviantart users you can find using this link:

And for Wattpad people you can just go back a chapter in this book to find it.

AU by the way and a few derogatory terms.

Image is not mine (If I decide to put one on)

~\~\~\~\~\~\~

(Y/n) only heard the door close shut he couldn't really be bothered to look at who had just come into the house. "Dinner'll be ready in 10." He called out, knowing that there were only three people who had keys to the front door...two. He had to correct that.

"What's for dinner?" A soft voice asked.

"Carbonara." (Y/n) replied. "I thought you'd be with your brother, Sarah."

"He's upstairs." Sarah sat herself down, setting her bag down and opening up her textbooks. "Besides, I wanted to talk to you about something."

"That being?"

He could hear her swallow the lump in her thought. "It's about mom."

(Y/n) tensed. "What about her?"

"We met earlier, and..." (Y/n) could hear papers shuffling. "She wanted me to give these to you."

(Y/n) shut off the stove, and turned to see the papers on the table. Divorce papers. He sighed, fighting the urge to burn them, and simply set them back down on the table.

"She couldn't have given these herself?" (Y/n) shook his head, turning his head away from Sarah and returning to the stove.

"She said she didn't feel welcome here, after...everything."

"You mean after she left us?" A new voice had cut in. Sarah's twin brother had made himself known. "You can say it sis, after all that's what happened."

"Zac." Sarah motioned with her eyes.

"Dad, you're cool right?" Zac asked. "You don't care that mom left you for her partner, right?"

"Zac!" Sarah snapped.

"Relax." Zac shrugged, sitting down in front of his sister. (Y/n) wordlessly placed the food on the table and then left the room.

"The hell is your problem?" Sarah asked.

"The hell is my problem? The hell is your problem? You're walking on eggshells around dad." He took a bite of the carbonara. "He's got this, he's not going to be broken up 'cause his wife left him for another woman."

"That other woman was his friend too." Sarah retorted. "Can you seriously say that you don't feel anything?"

"No." Zac's tone became sharp. "The minute she left us, she was dead to me." He shrugged. "Sure, I have to deal with some idiots around town who can't keep their mouth shut. Saying shit like "So Yang Xiao Long'll tap just about anyone?" They learn the hard way that they're starting shit they can't finish."

"Dad won't like that you're getting into fights."

"Good." He affirmed. "The minute dad gets fed up and tries to throw me through a wall is the day I know he's over it." Zac let his fork clatter against the plate. "You're not doing any better either, I see the way you act around him."