Prologue

Honey

I was waiting for Michael to meet me at my condo so we could go to breakfast at LuLu’s on Beverly. I had some important news to reveal to him that I have been holding on to for a while now. I hope he would just be as happy as I am about it though. I have only know him for about a year and a half and at first I wanted to keep our relationship as platonic as possible. Michael made it  ever so difficult to not crave and desire his touch. Between the late night studio sessions, deep conversations about our childhoods and just being around one another a little too much. How could I not develop somewhat of a crush on Mr. Stevenson?

It was like I couldn’t resist him I wanted to needed to be in his presence. He told me we needed to keep everything on the low though. Our relationship was unprofessional and it wouldn’t look good on my part since it was my talent got me to where I am. Not my body.

My trip down memory lane was abruptly disturbed by my phone vibrating on the glass coffee table in my living room. I retrieved it and it was a text from Michael telling me he was downstairs. I texted him back quickly telling him I would be down shortly. I grabbed my purse from the cushion next to me and locked my doors. Once I got in the car I could see that Michael was preoccupied about something but I decided not to worry about for now. I was hungry and ready to get to Lulu’s before lunch time.

***

I decided to hold off the news I had for Michael until after breakfast. We were in his Lamborghini on the way to the studio and I looked over to him and grabbed his hand. “Ty I have something to tell you but promise me you won’t get upset.”

“Honey I told you call me Michael or Mike when it’s just us baby girl. Say what you got to say I won’t be upset.” He licked his plump pink lips that I fell in love with the first time they smashed into mine and turned over to me as we approached a red light giving me his undivided attention.

“Well I’m pregnant Mikey.” I waited for him to say something but he gently removed his hand that was within mine and wiped it down his face and exhaled deeply. The light changed to green and he continued on to the direction of the studio.

I was becoming worried since he hasn’t said anything yet but I don’t want to push to respond. However this is an important issue that I wasn’t going to rattle my brain trying to figure out what he is thinking. He pulled over and we sat in silence for a few moments. I started to ask him if he was going to say something but he be me to the punch.

“How long have you known?” He whispered dryly leaning back in his chair and pulling his Last Kings snap back over his chinky eyes.

“A few weeks or so. I was in denial for a bit though.” I gulped loudly I wasn’t used to this Michael, something about him has changed within the last 10 minutes. I don’t think I was going to like this version of him in the least bit.

“How far along are you?” Still responding dryly. My heart started beating faster by the minute and I knew nothing was good was going to come out of this conversation. I began wishing I never brought it up in the first place.

“I- I’m 10 weeks I think. I made an appointment for the doctor next week if you want to come find out with me.” I felt the tears building up in my chest and crawl their way up my throat slowly as I waited for the next thing to come out his mouth. I was just doomed for disaster.

“That won’t be necessary, we’re going to the doctor now.” He started the car back up and I wasn’t sure if I should be happy just yet. I’m pretty sure that Dr. Hellebore can squeeze us in it isn’t that busy there on a Sunday. I decided to relax in my seat and to believe I was worried about anything with Michael.

We stopped in front of an unfamiliar building and Michael took his key out the ignition. What in the hell were we doing here was the only thing on my mind. He got out of the car and waited for me at the door. Like a lost puppy I proceeded to follow him. “Michael what are we doing here?” He didn’t answer me and continued to go inside and go to the front desk said something to the receptionist and sat down.

“I asked you a question Michael. What are we doing here?” I stood with my hands on my hips waiting for him to let me know what was going on.

“Sochitta sit down and don’t cause a scene please.” He scrolled through his phone and still ignoring the fact that I asked him a vital question.

“Will you get off your dumb ass phone and speak to me. Damn you’re being an asshole for no reason.” I sat across from him folding my arms across my chest. I couldn’t believe the shit he was doing right now.

“We are here taking care of your problem if you must know.” He looked at me in a way he has never looked at me before and I was somewhat intimidated. I was still trying to wrap my head around the fact that he just scheduled for me to have an abortion without my consent. I felt my heart fall in to my stomach and I just wanted to slap the very minimal color off of his grim face.

“I honestly can’t believe you Michael you have completely lost your mind be far.” I ran out of that dumb ass building wishing to never see Michael’s dumb ass face again. I hated him but I loved him all the same. He says he loves me he sure does have a excellent way of showing it. I was still shocked to the core by what he just did to me, to us.

My Foolish Heart…