Chapter 9

Michael

I can’t believe Gianna hasn’t called me yet. It’s been a week and a half. A week and a fucking half. I can’t blame her for being livid but I didn’t even get to tell her the entire story before she flipped out.Besides I miss her to the extreme and I know she misses me as well. I’m so used to having her next to me at night and having her in my arms. I haven’t even been to the studio in weeks not to mention I miss my baby girl. Her laugh lights up my world. I still can’t believe I helped to create something so precious.

I decided to call her for the umptheth time today. I just wanted to hear her voice saying something other than me reaching her voicemail.

“What?” She said with all the attitude in the world.

“What do you mean what? When are you coming home Gianna?” I didn’t want to deal with her attitude I haven’t seen her or talk to her so how could she still be mad.

“When I’m ready.”

“Damn I understand you’re  upset and everything but I just want to say I love you and I miss you baby. I’m sorry Gianna. Can I talk to Lani please?” I brushed my hand through my hair and down my face.  I just wanted her to come home.

“Mhmm. Here Laylani your father wants to speak to you.” I know I messed up but she can’t be mad about something we both can’t change. I mean my son even isn’t here and quite frankly I should be mad that she up and left with our daughter. If I was the nigga I was 2 years ago I would filed kidnapping charges on her over emotional ass.

“Hey daddy where you at?” Laylani questioned me like I did something wrong.

“I’m home baby. Where are you?” I was finding out where they were whether Gianna wanted me to know or not.

“We at Nana Betty’s in Diego daddy. When is you coming?” I figured that’s where they were but with Gianna’s ass you could never know.

“I don’t baby. Mommy doesn’t want me there with you?” I sighed.

“Yeah she do she cry a lot. She miss you. I miss you.” Laylani whined a little bit and and made my heart hurt. I missed my baby girl and this has been the longest I’ve ever been away from her and I didn’t like this shit at all.

“Lani I love you babygirl. Put your mom back on the phone please.”

“Okay I lub you too daddy.”

“Gianna bring my daughter home. please. Her birthday is next week and we have a party to plan. Besides you hiding away at your moms house isn’t going to solve our problems.” She and I both know that shit wasn’t going to get solved so she might as well bring her fine ass home so we could discuss this like adults.

“You’re right Michael but I’m grown and I’ll bring my ass home when I’m ready.” With that she ended the call. I just hope she gets here within the next few days I’m not trying to drive to San Diego to get her.

Chitta

Tonight was the first of many great ones to come. Stacie and I were finally going on our first official date. I wasn’t sure what we would be doing since she wasn’t very vocal about the details. She said she wanted me to be surprised about any and everything that occurred. I never really dated women before so this was definitely going to be a surprise to me.

I was putting the finishing touches on my makeup when Stacie called letting me know she would be arriving shortly. I looked at myself once more in my full length mirror and wondered if I should make any last minute changes on my outfit. I think I looked exquisite so this ensemble should do. I ran the flat iron through my hair a few times and made sure the part down the middle was straight. I played with my hair a little more until I heard the doorbell ring. I grabbed my purse and made my way to the door.

“Hello, Gorgeous.” I kissed her on the cheek and invited her in for a moment.

“Hello to you as well you looked amazingly devine. Are you ready to start this evening?” She asked me.

“Yes. Let me just grab a jacket just in case it gets cold later and we can be on our way.” I went to my bedroom and grabbed my jacket, phone off the charger and my keys and put them and my purse. This night was definitely going to be the start to a new beginings and I was more than excited about what was to come.

We were at Chaya Downtown and I must say I’ve never been to this place. The cuisine was absolutely amazing. It had a mixture of japanese and french which was a surprisingly good twist of dishes. Throughout dinner we discussed our childhoods. She told me about her mom passing away a few years ago from cancer and she stepped up to take care of Isabelle. I told her about Michael, Khalil,  and how my life had fallen apart after that. It was a heavy topic to have on first date but we pretty much talked about everything from here to there over the past week or so.

“So you ready for dessert?” Stacie asked me reapplying her plum red lipstick.

“We just ate though.” I smiled at her from across the table.

“When we get there you won’t be as full anymore.” She smirked at me seductively. I wasn’t sure what she was implying but whatever it may be I’m willing to try.

“Well in that case let’s go.” I grabbed her hand and we headed back to her car. I was new to this but I’m really starting to like where this could be going.

We arrived at Venice Beach and to say that it was beautiful at night would an understatement. Stacie took my hand and lead me down to the beach where there was a table with one single candle light. Along with the light there was a red heart shaped box with strawberries covered in pink and white chocolate.

“This is so beautiful. You did all this for me.” I sat on the blanket in the sand and

looked up at the stars.

“Yes I just want to make you feel as special as you are.” She smiled at me and fed me a strawberry.

“These are delicious. Thank you so much for tonight.” I fed her one as well and she licked a little bit of the juice off the tip of my finger.

“You’re welcome love. Hopefully you taste as good as these strawberries.” Stacie whispered and leaned in to kiss me. We made out for a little while but I didn’t want to go any further than that at the moment. I still had to get use to the idea of being with a woman but I was enjoying it more than ever. Especially if there would be more moment like this one.