Chapter 11

Chitta

Today seemed like it was taking forever to end. I had another date with Stacie later and I was excited. I wondered what we would do next she was always unpredictable. After work I she sent me a text to dress casually. So I scrambled through my closet to find something to wear. Good thing I kept all my sneakers from before, I was contemplating on throwing them all out. I decided to throw on my he got game retro thirteen’s and a outfit to match. I slicked my hair into a high ponytail curled my bangs so they would have a swoop effect.

We were at the Carnival at in Orange County and we were having a blast. I never been to a carnival before so this was a great date from the start. We were strolling around to see what  should be next. I suggested that we should get some food the play a few games. I got some fried dough. Stacie got cotton candy and a corndog.

From Michael: Hey I don’t know if this is out of line but do you want to come to Laylani birthday party Saturday? You can bring whoever you want.

I looked down at my phone like is this nigga wildin’. Do I want to go to your daughters birthday party.

“Hey you what are you doing on Saturday? My ex just invited me to his daughters party” I took a piece of my fried dough and fed it to her.

“Wow isn’t he a bold one?”

“You have no idea bae” Aww shit did I just say that out loud. It’s whatever though I really like this girl.

“Yeah lets go and have sex in his bed.” She let out a loud obnoxious laugh.

“You’re wild.” I wiped the powdered sugar from the side of her mouth with my thumb. She lightly flicked it with her tongue. It sent cold shivers down my spine.

“You have no idea bae.” She mocked me and winked.

We finished up our snacks and played some festival games. I even won her a cute little teddy bear. We got back to the condo and Stacie offered to walk me to my door. I was about to go inside until she grabbed my hand and pulled me into a passion filled kiss. My breathing got heavier each time our lips crashed into one another. Her lips were soft and I always found myself getting lost in them. I felt my temperature rise and my warm middle drip. I was getting excited by the second. I don’t know if I want to wait anymore. I had to have her tonight. I fell back into the wall and my hands found my way to play in her wild curly hair. I deepened the kiss pushing her face into mine more. Our lips only parted to take short breaths. As our tongues danced upon one another her hands explored my petite frame. Just as I was really into it she bit my bottom lip pull away.

“Goodnight Chitta.” She lightly pecked my lips once more and made her way towards the elevator. I watched her walk on turned to smile back at me then disappeared. I stood there in shock did Stacie really just leave me hot and bothered. I couldn’t even be mad though it turned me on more to be honest.

To Michael: I’ll be there…

I laughed to myself this was sure going to be an eventful day.

Gianna

I was going home today even though I really didn’t want to but Lani’s birthday is in a few days and I shouldn’t be selfish about this. I wasn’t mad at Michael anymore but I am becoming more cautious with my heart. Kerra thinks I should move out and leave him but I’m not ready for all of that. I still love him and I don’t want to raise Lani in separate homes. How mad can I be about something that happened almost 3 years ago. Besides if he has a son he will be present in my life so I can’t be upset. I really didn’t want to think of this on this two hour drive home.

**

I was preparing dinner and making the finalizations for Laylani’s party Saturday. Michael did a lot he ordered the cake, the caterer and the activities for the kids. I didn’t have much to do besides making sure Laylani had the best birthday party ever. I heard a car pull into the driveway I already knew who it was. As much as I didn’t want to see him it was the inevitable.

“Hey.” The back door creaked as he closed it placing down his keys on the marble counters.

“Hey.” I flipped the fried chicken in the pan. I felt his eyes burning a hole in my back but I couldn’t look him in the face just yet. “You hungry?” I opened the oven to see if the mac and cheese was finished. I was avoiding eye contact and he could tell.

“Yeah.” This conversation was very platonic and I wasn’t feeling it at all. “I’m glad you’re home. Where’s Lani at?”

“She’s at your moms. I think she should stay there until the party on Saturday.”

“Okay. Can you look at me though? I’m sorry baby I really am but there is something else you don’t know.” This is what made me turn around and face him.

“I really don’t want to talk about this Mikey. You have a child with her I can’t really be mad about that. Your son is going to be just as present in my life as he is in yours. Who am I to keep you from him. I love you too much to do that to you.”

“Gianna I love you too but I have something to tell you. So I do have a son but he’s no longer with us.” He leaned on the counter and ran his hands through his curly auburn hair.

“Wait… what so do you have a son or not?I’m so confused right now”

“I have a son he was born as a stillborn a week after we had Laylani.” I wanted to console him right now. I longed to hug him tell him it would be okay but my feet seemed as if they were apart of this floor. I couldn’t move even if I wanted to.

“Oh my goodness. Mikey I’m sorry I really am.” My heart goes out to her. No woman should ever have to go through losing a child.

I went back to finishing up dinner. We sat in silence when we ate. It was awkward as hell. I wish I would’ve known the whole story before I left him in his sorrow. I probably would’ve been upset still but I wouldn’t have left him. He needed comforting and as the woman he loves I should’ve been there to do so.