Chapter 16

Michael

I wanted a few people to hear my album before it came out in April. It was finally done and there was this one song I was hoping I could play for Chitta. I wasn’t sure how she would feel about being in the studio but I needed her to hear this. Maybe it would change her mind about the conversation we had a few days ago.

I love Gianna but she’s been doing her own thing lately, I can’t help but feel like she’s slowly fallen out of love with me. I can’t change what I did all those years ago but it wouldn’t kill her to pay attention to her man instead of drowning herself in wine, champagne and any other liquor she could get her hands on. One of these days I’ll have to hire a nanny to care for Lani, it would only get worse from here if she continues like this. I walked in the living room when the faint aroma of vodka hit my nose, it instantly made my stomach twirl. Laylani didn’t need to be around this and I didn’t need this.

“Yo G you gonna do something other than drink today.” I shook her awake this shit needed to stop.

“Fuck you Michael.” She spat at me as she pulled the comforter back over her head. She must think this is a game.

“Naw for real Gianna you need to get up and take a shower, bath or something. Laylani doesn’t need to see you like this. This isn’t healthy for our family. I’m trying to make things work with you and you don’t want to make the effort.” I raised my voice in anger. I was sick of this shit it’s been going on for the last month and it’s tiring.

“Michael maybe I don’t want to make this shit work. Maybe I don’t want to be a family with you.” She grabbed the bottle of Absolut of the floor and took a swag of it. I attempted to snatch the bottle from her grasp but she whipped it away from me.

“Give me the fucking bottle Gianna.” I neglected the fact that she just said she didn’t want to be with me anymore. I knew it held some truth though but there was other ways to deal with her problems.

“Michael this is what I’m going to do, I’m going to drink this vodka and you can go chase after that little bitch that lost her baby.” She laughed in my face. I just went upstairs to get Laylani ready I can’t leave her here with Gianna. She knew that shit would hurt and that’s why she said it. It took everything in me not to slap the shit out of her right there. “That’s your problem you don’t know how to be a man.” Her laughter roared through the house.

“Laylani say bye to your mother.” Lani did as she was told and skipped through the foyer. I picked up my keys and my phone and made my way towards the door.

“Where the fuck do you think you’re going with my child?” Now I was the one to laugh. She’s been acting like everything but a mother in the last month. Now she wants to be concerned.

“Gianna are you for real? Laylani let’s go baby girl.” I picked her up and walked out the door. I honestly didn’t have time for her drunken antics.

“Michael don’t you hear me talking to you? You ain’t shit you ain’t going to ever be shit. You can’t take her from me.” She ran out the house now she was going to embarrass us in our neighborhood. I put Laylani in her carseat I wasn’t dealing with this right now.