Chapter 2

Honey

**Flashback**

2 years ago

I was putting up the gifts from my baby shower when I all of a sudden got these weird pains in coming from my belly. It could just be early contractions I thought to myself. My doctor said it would be normal for them to start now but I wouldn’t be going into labor any time soon. I was 36 weeks and the baby would be coming very soon. So contractions were normal. I wasn’t too worried about it that much. I had my place set up for the two of us and I was ready to start this wonderful chapter of my life. I was so excited to see him and kiss him and love him more than anyone ever would. I finally picked out a name for him Khalil Elijah Sal. I had the letters of his first name spelled out on the wall over his crib. Everything was turning out perfectly.

It sucked that Michael didn’t want to be apart of his life and on most days it stressed me out more than ever. I really do miss him but if taking away my child’s life was to make him stay I wanted nothing to do with him. I stopped doing music entirely and started working at a daycare center up until last week when I started my maternity leave. I needed the practice anyway and I was my mother’s only child and never really been around children. I wasn’t too fond of them either but this blesing made me change my mind about what I knew about life and what it could bring.

Once I was done putting away everything I decided to take a nice relaxing warm bath and go to sleep. I had my last mommy yoga session at 10:30 and I wanted to make sure I was on time for it. I tried to stay in shape the best I could so the baby weight wouldn’t be a hassle to lose. It was also a suggestion from my doctor to keep the stress down to a minimum. I was doing all the right things so the baby will be as bountiful and healthy as he could.

**

The next day

I was at my yoga classes doing so warm ups and breathing exercises when the same weird pains from last night started occurring again but this time around they were fiercer than before.

“Ahhhh….Fuck!” I screeched as I tried to move from the position I was in the pain worsened.

“Are you alright Chitta? Do I need to call for an ambulance.” The preppy blonde instructor Alana asked me. I’m pretty sure she was used to this type of thing.

“Yeah I think the baby is coming.” I held onto my oval shaped belly and tried to lay down but there was no use my body wasn’t able.

“Okay, do you want me to call your emergency contact as well.” I was sick of her questions but I soon came to the understanding that she was only trying to help.

“Call him first then the ambulance. He should only be around the corner. My phone is in my gym bag.” I instructed her to where the phone was and waited for her call Nino. Every moment that passed I felt as if I was being stabbed in my belly with a jagged knife. I just hoped that everything was okay with the baby. I didn’t know what I would do if anything happened to my unborn son. I didn’t want to think negative but that’s all that seemed to run through my mind at this moment.

I heard the bell ding from in the front of the yoga studio and heard footsteps at a rapid pace from behind me it could only be Nino himself. Thank goodness my savior was here. He grabbed my things then brought them to his car.

“Alright we’re going to the hospital now I’ve already talked to Dr. Hellebore and she cleared her schedule for the rest of the day to see you.” Nino alerted me and I suddenly became a little more worried than I was once before.