Aito Mochizuki's Monologue

The only good thing that place ever did was making the masterpiece of the white room. Although it made the masterpiece of the fourth generation, the fourth generation only had one student that survived. Most of them were either disposed of or were too mentally broken to keep being functional as human beings.

The curriculum was the harshest and most unforgiving one of all the other generations. But that wasn't per say that the other generations had it easy, it was just that the fourth one could be called the closest thing to hell, hell it might as well be called hell due to all the sorrow, grief, misery, and trauma you had to endure just by being in there.

(A/N, no pun intended, definitely. *insert sad noise*)

I was one of many children who had succumbed to the same predicament of being a mentally broken human with no use to the white room. We were only left alive for one simple reason: to be lab rats.

As some of you may know there comes a point when certain medicine and drugs need to be tested on people instead of rats. There are countless memories inside my head of just children around me being used in experiments like those I mentioned.

Their voices of torment can still be heard in my dreams. In general, suppressing them is quite easy, but they occasionally appear out of nowhere.

Since there were many children from different generations the probability of being experimented on was low. As baffling as it sounds some instructors purposely chose the same students who cried and screamed in anguished the most.

Luckily, I somehow managed to regain my consciousness after some months, but what awaited me was the harsh reality of this world. I was forced back into the facility to train even more extreme than the previous time, all that to improve my mind and body just because losing months of training is severely significant.

Years went by and at the age of fifteen I got notified of an experiment that Ayanokouji-sensei wanted to test. He wanted to see how a white room student compared to students from the most elite school, ANHS.

For a year I got to experience all kinds of things that most white room students would dream to have. Although I knew that the freedom was temporary, I still held onto it as long as I could. But to my surprise the white room got shut down shortly after the experiment started.

By the time my enrollment came around I got the choice of going to ANHS or working somewhere in the institution when it starts to operate again. As any person in my situation would do I choose the former one which gave me the most freedom.

Not knowing what to expect I started getting ready to ride the bus to school. How will life be there? Will there be anybody who will understand me? Can I communicate properly with people my age? Ugh, I shouldn't ask questions right now. I can only hope my school life will be the best three years of my entire life.

A/N

If this is the introduction to this cote fanfic then welcome! This chapter got uploaded when the 10th chapter came out. So if the beginning writing feels worse than this is chapter that just means that my writing improved since the start. Thoughts? (For new readers, old readers can also comment if they feel like it)