Chapter 16: Deal

Someone smacked me once causing me to wake up. I opened my eyes, scanning the area. Unfortunately, I couldn't find who was responsible for it. I exited the tent to get out of that humid, steamy air. As I was wandering around I came across Mii-chan doing the same.

"Are you feeling better?" I said.

"Yes, why?" She responded with a tired voice.

Did she not get enough sleep? Or is it something else? Either way I should cheer her up.

"I was concerned about you, Mii-chan." I moved a bit closer to her.

"Hehe, really?" She smiled, putting her arms behind her back.

"That was quick." I muttered.

I talked with her for a bit longer before leaving. It's already the sixth day of our special test. I guess I'll need to be more active for today's plan. I stretched my body looking for any discomfort in my body. As expected, they already healed enough for me to move like normal. However I need to wait to find the right opportunity to start.

After observing them for a while I decided to start phase two of my plan. Hmmm, what should I use as a distraction? Why don't we create a minor fire? Yeah, let's go with that. It's the easiest thing I could come up with.

I started to make a fire, throwing a lot of wood in it. When I lit it on fire, Ayanokōji threw a manual. Making the burning process. I got up, put my hands in my pocket, and left with him. Aside from the fire, not a single noise came from any of us.

"You know where to meet." Those were Ayanokōji's parting words.

"I advise you to show up in time." I replied.

When the students found out they panicked.

"What's that smoke? What!" Ike cried.

"This is serious! There's a fire! Quickly grab as much water as you can!"

Although Hirata tried to calm them, it wasn't enough. If it wasn't for the rain the fire would've spread much more.

Fortunately it would appear that my test was successful. Hirata stood there, staring off into nothingness. He was muttering something in a low voice. His face was drained of life. This by far wasn't like the usual Hirata.

Aha, so that's why my bluff back then worked against him so smoothly. This might be one of the reasons he was placed in such a shitty class. If that's true, it would sort of explain why he did that.

Ibuki used this to escape into the forest, I followed her. While walking Ayanokōji tapped my shoulder.

"We should begin, right now." He said in a serious manner, looking at me.

"Yeah, we cannot afford to miss it." I nodded and responded in the same serious tone.

We found it after searching for it for a few minutes. We expertly hid from the people in front of us. The rain and the darkness that came with it helped mask our presence.

"Let's reveal who we'll bet on in three...two...one...?" I said with excitement.

""Everything we own on Ibuki!"" We both said.

That's right, we are betting on who would win the fight. I mean what else could we be doing while watching it. There aren't many options due to the rain pouring on us.

"Damn, you don't even believe in her in the sightless." I covered my mouth to prevent myself from laughing.

"That's exactly why she needs to learn a lesson in such a way." He didn't seem to mind, in fact he looked at me in agreement.