Chapter 12: Island Exam Begins

"There won't be a next time, understand?" The tone of my voice was full of irritation and disappointment.

   "Y-Yeah, I'm sorry."

   Sudō was taken aback considering this is the first time he has seen me slightly angry. He likely understood the reason for my frustration. From his perspective not only had I gone out of my way to help him, I ultimately made them withdraw their complaint without ever involving myself directly. Sudō is completely aware how hard it would be to pull it off. That was one of many factors that made him apologize.

   The endless summer sea, the infinite blue skies. The perfectly clear air. Here, in the midst of the Pacific Ocean, we didn't feel the intense midsummer heat, and the gentle sea breeze kissed our bodies. The view from the "special seats" on the deck was exceptionally gorgeous.

   "Whoa! This is the beeesssst!" Shouted Ike Kanji. His voice echoed across the deck of the luxury liner.

   "What an incredible view, don't you think the same?" Mii-chan admired the expansive ocean, wearing a radiant smile.

   "It really is." I replied.

   All these moments I'm getting to experience are truly important to me. Who knows what will occur once these three years are over.

   "I would have never imagined that one day I could go on such a luxurious cruise!" She delightfully commented.

    As Mii-chan had stated, this was certainly no ordinary trip. At our government-sponsored school, there was absolutely no need for us to pay for tuition or other expenses. Which, of course, included this trip. The cruise liner and its facilities were of the highest possible quality. This ship was fully equipped with everything from prestigious restaurants to a theatre, and even an upscale spa.

   According to the schedule, we would spend our first week staying at a fancy summer lodge on a deserted island. After that, we would enjoy the cruise ship for another week.

   "Attention, students. Please assemble on the deck. You will be able to see the island soon. This is a good time to take in some rather significant scenery."

   The island appeared on the horizon a few minutes after several students had gathered. Other students noticed, and began assembling on the deck. After a crowd had gathered, some particularly domineering boys showed up and began pushing us out of the way in order to get the best position.

   "Hey, you're in the way. Move it, you defects."

   One of the boys tried to intimidate Ayanokōji, shoving Ayanokōji's shoulder making him quickly grab the railing to prevent himself from falling. The students laughed scornfully.

   "Oi, what the hell are you guys doing?!"

   Sudō immediately responded, trying to intimidate them right back. I gave a slight jab towards Sudō's abdomen region, warning him of what might happen if he gets into another fight.

   "We're all Class A over here. You do understand how this school is structured, rig-"

   "Yeah, Yeah. Like I care." Sudō interrupted the boy, seemingly disinterested; he proceeded to leave with Ayanokōji and the rest.

   "What are you still doing here? I told you to move." The same boy said with confidence.

   Thinking that he's some kind of big shot just because Sudō left, he tried to push me aside. Such puny strength is not enough to make me shift in the slightest.