Chapter 34: Change

Soon all the other students had arrived, making this the last time we'll be meeting like this. Quite the long wait, it felt like months, but in reality it was only a couple of days.

Many different classes were aiming for different outcomes. However, the outcome for this group will most likely be the first one. The one that Ichinose and Kushida wanted.

But is that really true?

One thing that stood out was that from I see neither Kushida or Ichinose were aiming for the Outcome #1, or Outcome #3. It's clearly obvious for Kushida, but I had never expected it from Ichinose, from the start that is.

While I expected her to be passive, she never really made any moves to obtain the first outcome. Maybe that was why Kanzaki technically betrayed her. Like all things in life, not everything goes as expected.

Truthfully speaking if I hadn't made certain connections, I wouldn't have been able to get this far. This is the reason why Kiyotaka isn't doing anything, or he just doesn't want to.

Anyways, with all of us being present, I took a deep breath and one out. I patiently waited for the meeting to be over. Most of us were doing the same with the occasional talking.

Once the final group discussion had ended in an anticlimactic way, I gathered everyone's attention.

"I will send an email to everyone in one hour and thirty minutes containing the identity of the VIP, so make sure to not miss it," I said, grabbing my things and leaving.

While on my way back, my phone played a unique sound. It played four times quickly. A smile crept onto my face.

"I'm finally going to see the results," I muttered, putting my phone back.

The test had ended for the Rat, Horse, Rooster, and Pig groups. They'd all had traitors. This meant that the VIP, Minami from Class D had been guessed. That's the least that I expected.

Let's gather everyone to make a bigger commotion.

Unknown POV

The final group discussion had ended for this particular group. Surprisingly, the VIP themselves had revealed their identity. The surprise part wasn't that, but because they were told in advance. This meant that his strategy did work?

However, this couldn't be possible with this certain person. Three students headed out, two of them treated each other like friends while the other was somewhat left alone.

One of the male students suddenly grabbed his classmates, pushing him against a wall.

"H-Hey!? What's your deal?" he shouted, confused.

"Hand over your phone."

"W-Why? There's no reason to—"

"I said hand over your phone!"

The student pressed him even further. The other male student pleaded to the one next to his attack to stop. This didn't work as he made no moves to help him.

Having no choice he handed his phone to the other two. "Violence is prohibited, what makes you think this will go unnoticed?"

"Will you report your fellow classmates, Morishige?"

He had a point if he reported this to the school, only Class A would end up being harmed. A good example was the incident with Class D and C.

"Well, it doesn't matter. Unlock the phone," he ordered.

"Fine," muttered Morishige.

"We can't have you disrupting Katsuragi-san's strategy. Don't think we didn't suspect you doing something like this as a member of the opposing faction."