Chapter 22: Students

Mochizuki's POV

The ship's interior had many luxurious facilities, but towards the bow there was only a large deck, which provided a good view of the water. Because of that, it was unusually quiet, which was to my liking of course. There didn't seem to be anyone else around until I saw someone behind a pillar in the corner. Isn't that Sakura Airi? What is she doing in a place like this alone? She kept murmuring things while I stood there pondering my options.

On one hand, I can approach her, start a conversation and mainly observe her behavior. On the other hand, I can completely ignore her and go about my day. Downside is, I can get any information I want. Eh, whatever. There aren't consequences if I mess up.

As I came closer, I thought she might have been talking to someone but no one else was around. She didn't have her phone out, either, so the whole thing was creepy.

"Hey, what are you doing out here? Summoning spirits?" I greeted, not trying to surprise her.

In response Sakura yelped, practicality jumping.

"H-huh? W-w-why are you d-doing here?" She frantically looked around at her surroundings as if she was expecting someone else.

"Oh? You're going to meet with someone?"

"Y-yes." She averted her eyes, not making eye contact.

"It's kind of rude to not look into someone's eye when talking." I spoke, softly looking at her as a frightened animal.

When she barely glanced at me, she seemed to be surprised for some reason. After staring at my eyes for a bit, she stopped and began relaxing a bit. All of this confused me to be completely honest.

"Since you're meeting with someone, I'll leave you be." I said, as Sakura nodded.

Currently Hirata, Horikita, and Kushida are about to start discussing the exam. Out of all the rooms they chose Hirata's which was fine by me as I don't want people to gather in my room.

"Before we start, I would like to ask something."

"What is it?" Kushida asked.

"I'm not one to beat around the bush. So I'll get straight to the point. Why am I here?"

I need to know how much they are willing to include me in their class discussions. It's necessary for me to be included a certain amount if I want my future plans to work. If I still don't have enough influence over the class then I'll force an incident where they'll need me to slice it, just like last time. I'm willing to cooperate with them for a bit if it means making my schemes work how I want them to.

They all exchanged looks of confusion. Seeing them not understanding my words, I continued.

"Is it because we're in the same group? Or is it that my newfound influence that I'm now worth including?"

Plus I also want to witness how the best of our individuals in this class can work individually or together compared to the other classes. Are they worth being in Class A? Or do they grow more to actually be able to compete. Even if they will never be able to, what matters to me is how much they'll improve over these three years.

"I mean, why would we exclude someone when we're discussing something in a group? Wouldn't keeping you in the dark make things worse?" Horikita answered, slightly annoyed due to my question.

"You do have a point there."

"Anyways, we should begin." Hirata said which everyone nodded.