Chapter 19: Future

It has been three days since the end of the special test on the island. No other exciting events had occurred aboard the luxurious cruise ship that the Advanced Nutrition Highschool had provided us as we were enjoying the respite. Well, there was Horikita pestering me around for the end of my deal. Using my communication skills I managed to get away with vague and non useful information. Kiyotaka did invite me over to hang out, yeah that's what I've been up to these past three days.

   "So like I was saying—" I explained to Kiyotaka why my waifu is better than his.

   Only to get interrupted by an announcement that could be heard throughout the ship.

   "Attention. This is an announcement to all students. All students should have received a message from the school, as indicated in the contact line. Please check your individual mobile devices and follow the instructions accordingly. In the event that you did not receive a message, we apologize for the inconvenience. Please go to the nearest faculty member for assistance. Because the contents of the message are extremely important, please do not miss it. We repeat—"

   "There goes our conversation." I complained.

   "It's not like you were going to convince me with the lack of evidence you had." Kiyotaka responded, checking his phone.

   I then pulled out my phone and saw the following message: A special test will begin soon. Place gather in the designated room at the designated time. Anyone who arrives later than ten minutes after start time may be penalized. Please gather in Room 204 on the second deck by 20:40 today. Because it takes around twenty minutes to reach the area, we ask that you please use the restroom now if necessary. Either silence your phone or turn it off, and make your way over.

   This probably wasn't going to be a paper test or physical fitness examination, or something you'd see in a regular school. More than anything else, certain points weighed on me.

   "Your time and place?" I asked.

   "Room 204 at 18:00. What about you?"

   "Mine say's room 204 at 20:40."

   This should be interesting, I can feel it. I walked to the second deck, just as the message had instructed. I took the stairs instead of the elevator. I saw quite a few students waiting around compared to earlier. Some of the students were leaning against the wall. Others were sitting down, fiddling around with their phones. From what I could see, my feelings of it being interesting were correct as I could see most of the class leaders.

   I stood there hiding between the students, closely listening to their conversation. Once they got in I purposely waited until nine minutes and fifty seconds went by before going in.

Meanwhile

   "Ugh, what's taking them so long." whispered an annoyed Horikita.

   "Now, now, maybe they have a reason for being late." Hearing this Hirata attempted to calm her down.

   "Hirata's right, we just have to wait and see." Kushida smiled as she supported Hirata.

   There was one seat open between Horikita and Kushida. Being the loner she is, she sat at the last seat even though there was a spot beside Kushida. They assumed the other student would be from Class D, that's why Horikita was annoyed at them.

   "Though I must say ten minutes will pass soon."

   There was a clock in the shape of a music box, a common feature in every room on this ship. The time was currently 20:49.