Chapter 26: Cooperation

I headed back to my room. It was just a few minutes after the group meeting, so I sat down on the sofa without talking to anyone. It was getting late. I'd thought that everyone would be late getting here but Miyake was here when I first entered. He sighed, I sat on the sofa, facing him, which caused me to speak.

   "Ah, that reminds me, weren't you in the Monkey group?" I asked.

   I really want to know how it was to be in a group with Kōenji. How did the discussion even go? Did he even participate in the first place? While I want answers, I won't pry further as Miyake doesn't look like he wants to tell me, for now at least.

   "Yeah, I'm still a bit shocked that it ended so soon. There was no indication that someone would betray the group," Miyake responded.

   "That's just how things go, there wasn't anything you could do about it?" I stretched my limbs.

   The test suddenly ended, with no one in control of the outcome. It was definitely strange how the moment I put my phone down the test ended for the Monkey group. Definitely suspicious, but I didn't do anything of that sort, or did I?

   "I'm tired from all of that," I said, referring to all of the meetings I had.

   "Must be tough with the pressure of being in the Dragon group?" said Miyake.

   A part of the meeting was indeed boring, with the results being obvious I got bored of watching them debate over something that is already done. I know they also feel the same way. That's why I prevented those Class A students from talking, why can't they shut the fuck up and follow Katsuragi's example?

   Although I complained, it was interesting seeing everyone's reactions to the test ending for the Monkey group.

   "The main protagonist does not feel such things as pressure! The power of friendship will make them overcome any obstacles!" Sotomura, also known as the professor, joined the conversation as he entered the room.

   Sotomura should have valuable information as he's in the rabbit group which is also the same as Kiyotaka. While Sotomura's explanation may be biased, it'll give more insight into the group since the person I will be asking is a Class D student.

   "You know this isn't an anime," Miyake gave an exasperated sigh.

   "More like fanfiction, am I right?" Sotomura nodded to himself.

   "Sure..." Miyake said, a bit weird about Sotomura's eccentric attitude.

   "Anyways, since we're just talking about the exam, how is it going for you?" Miyake changed the topic before Sotomura could blurt something else.

   "Hm, hm, I see that's what you want to know. Very well, I'll tell you, it's going horribly," he made it sound very dramatic.

   "That's to be expected," I stated.

   "Why is that expected, Mochizuki?" Miyake asked.

   "If you look at the members of the Rabbit group, it's become obvious that you wouldn't be able to work together." I explained to the confused Sotomura and Miyake.

   "Now that you mention it, are our classmates at least working together?" asked a worried Miyake.

   "Nope! In fact, there's tension between us."

   "I'm surprised someone like you even noticed that," muttered Miyake.

   I wholeheartedly agree with Miyake. Who wouldn have thought someone as clueless as Sotomura noticed something like that.