Chapter 32: One-Sided

We had reached the final day of the test. Unlike on the island, time passed quickly aboard this ship, surrounded by luxury. While this was indeed correct, that didn't mean there were times where it felt like time moved slowly. This, for example, was one of them.

   I don't know what the administration thought, but putting a bunch of class leaders was bound to make things difficult. No, that was their intent from the start. If it wasn't then they would separate all of us equally, whether of our standing in the grade.

   Nonetheless, the conversation becomes nonexistent every time we meet. Although Class B, except Kanzaki, has tried their best to interact with the rest of us, the results have been underwhelming. Class A is not participating, even the other two who disobeyed Katsuragi's advice, seemed to be following it. Something must have happened, or they just don't feel like talking.

   Class C, specifically Ryūen, has been observing the situation more than he is participating. Of course, that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Not to mention that the other two Class C students are standing still, shutting their mouths, barely moving almost like statues.

   I, on the other hand, was doing whatever to pass the time. I was on my phone, listening to the conversation, and taking 1 minute naps. This won't last long as I have to keep the ball moving. I can't just laze around even though I deserve it.

   "Everyone, I have a proposal that you might like," I said, finally taking this discussion somewhat seriously.

   "I'll reveal the VIP under one condition," I raised one finger.

   "Before you tell us the condition, there is something I want to ask you, Mochizuki-kun," Ichinose said.

   "Go ahead."

   "Why reveal the VIP now instead of later? Won't it be easier for someone to send an email to the school between now and the last meeting?"

   "That's the thing, why spend the whole time convincing all of you in the last group discussion when I can do so now? I never specified when I'll reveal it, right?"

   "Then what is your condition?" Inquired Ichinose.

   "It's quite simple. According to the rules, if the VIP's identity is shared, everyone here gets 500,000 private points, aside from the VIP who gets 1,000,000 in total," I pointed towards the two Class A students.

   "All of the private points Nishikawa and Matoba earn from sharing the identity of the VIP will be transferred to me," I smirked, staring at them with a smug attitude.

   "Huh?! How is that fair?!" exclaimed Nishikawa.

   "Ha, who was the one who said that they didn't need that measly 500,000? Can't you see my poor self is in dire need of private points?" I mocked.

   "Still, that isn't a valid reason," grumbled Matoba.

   "Why don't you two just give up? After all you have no say on the matter..." I talked as if everything was already set in stone.

   "Huh? What do you mean?" He said bewildered at my words.

   "You're just a random student in Class A. You hold no influence, that's why you are working under someone as you both are disposable to your class. Just like pawns."

   "However, that isn't the case for the representative of a class. They get to make deals that affect all of the class. Whether it's good or bad for them," I continued, slowly letting them realize their situation.

   "You do get what I'm saying? Or do you need more time for the information to go through that tiny brain of yours?"

   "Don't tell me you..." Matoba clenched his fist.