Chapter 23: Entertainment

3rd Person POV

"Well, you see I wanted to know when you first noticed me." Matsushita pretended to shyly ask.

"I don't know, I just randomly did." Sudō shrugged which slightly annoyed her.

"Is that so?"

"What do you want? I won't be here all day." Sudō's tone changed, having a bit of irradiation.

"Hmm..." she put a finger on her cheek.

She began contemplating the best options available. Matsushita concluded that it would be in her best interest to straight out reveal what she knew to put pressure on Sudō. In addition, the element of surprise makes him too nervous to think quickly since he loses his temper quite fast. On the off chance that he tries to get aggressive, there were cameras everywhere ready to capture the moment.

Plus Sudō knew he couldn't be careless as the trial incident showed him that he needed to stop letting his anger get the better of him. Mochizuki warned him the moment he lets his anger take control, that's when he loses. Taking advantage of the current situation, Sudō decided to make the first move.

"I'll answer your questions so hurry up and ask before I lose my patience." He spread his arms out.

"Ah, so that's how you want to do things." she muttered.

"What questions may you speak of? I simply want to talk to you."

"As if, why would you? You always avoid me like the other girls." Sudō acted cocky, as he left Matsushita no other choice but to start taking him a tiny bit seriously.

"I know about what happened in the island exam." Matsushita slightly smiled.

She caught Sudō off guard as he was not expecting her to be so direct, yet. His previous behavior faltered ever so but he remained calm, for now.

"Care to tell me more?" A smug expression was over her face as she tilted her head.

"Or is it that you don't know? I feel pity for you, he doesn't trust you enough. If that's the case, then I take back what I said."

"Then why are you asking if you truly know? Tell me!" Sudō clenched his fist.

"Hehehe, I'm kidding." Matsushita chuckled.

This was done to see if she could easily make Sudō angry, which was indeed true. For this her attitude was similar to a certain black hair girl. Matsushita had heard what happened in the study group and the trial incident. Now that she confirmed what she wanted, the rest could be done without much effort.

"Are you sure about answering every single one of my questions?" Matsushita was genuinely curious.

"Yeah, why?"

"That just sounds too suspicious and too good to be true." she whispered but Sudō heard it.

"That's because it is!" Waiting for this moment Sudō pointed his finger towards her.

"You see, I have no useful information. Too bad for you, I don't know shit!" He boldly laughed.

That's the advantage Sudō had. As much as she tries she can't get information that he, himself, doesn't know either. Being honest is his strongest weapon as he's not a good liar. As long as he stays honest and answers her doubts he should come out on top.

Matsushita was surprised that he took pride from not knowing anything. She expected him to not be happy about it. What bothered her was the fact that he knew she was after information. While the term information is vague the way he phrased suggested that he knew what she was after, absolutely doubting that he came to that conclusion by himself.